Thread: Is it true? Playoffs almost for sure if we just beat the Bengals once more?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it true? Playoffs almost for sure if we just beat the Bengals once more?

I can't find that thread ... the one that has the post that makes the universe as it should be ...

The one that pointed out that we are in the #6 slot right now, and more importantly, the chances of the teams behind us winding up with a better record are almost nil, AS LONG AS WE BEAT THE BUNGLES.

Of course with Ben back, Troy, Wood, and Deebo become more and more beast-like every week, I dare anyone to bet against us in that game!

So - read that part again to me please, it's been a rough day!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Well looking at the teams behind us, and the schedules this looks to be the case.. but that's providing our only lost is to the Ravens.
    I am not sure if the Colts can hold on a head of us so our chances are look even better but yes, we have to beat the Bungles.

Legend

User Info Menu

It'll take a little more than just beating the Bumgals. We could beat them, and still finish 7-9, probably not good enough to get a playoff spot. Need I remind you that we lost to Tennessee and Oakland, even with Ben under center? There are no "gimmes" on the schedule.

Legend

User Info Menu

I posted the following in the "35% chance Ben plays" thread:

Right now, we are 6-5, tied with Cincy for the 6th and final playoff spot. We hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against them so far, but play them again right before Christmas. That's the most important game of the year. Sweeping the Bengals would assure us the tiebreaker against them, and there really isn't that much else behind them.

Miami is a game behind us at 5-6, but they still have to play New England twice and travel out to San Francisco, so I see a 7-9 record in their future. Other than that, you have a foursome of 4-7 teams (Jets, Bills, Titans, and Chargers). Do you see any of those teams winning 5 straight games to close out the season at 9-7? I don't either.

So, realistically, we are just battling Cincy right now in order to get into the playoffs. And if we happen to get in, even as the #6 seed, we all know what can happen (particularly if Ben, Troy, Woodley, Antonio, DeCastro, Colon, Adams, etc. are all healthy come January).
    Does that help?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I posted the following in the "35% chance Ben plays" thread:

Does that help?
    Tell it preacher RB ... TELL IT!!!

Oh, and:

AND:

AND OF COURSE:

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Suggs pic is priceless SAS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here we go!