Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Story Time...

Backup

User Info Menu

All she asks is that I bring her back a program and get a card to Mr Hillgrove with a thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

They've been making special Terrible Towels for the holiday seasons this year. Last game, they debuted a Thanksgiving Towel with turkeys on it. A few weeks prior, they had a Halloween Towel with Jack O'Lanterns. For your game, they should have the Christmas Towels, I would imagine. In addition to the program, maybe get her a seasonal towel that she wouldn't have access to down in Florida (since she seems to be all about the Steeler merchandise), if the Primanti's won't make the trip.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They've been making special Terrible Towels for the holiday seasons this year. Last game, they debuted a Thanksgiving Towel with turkeys on it. A few weeks prior, they had a Halloween Towel with Jack O'Lanterns. For your game, they should have the Christmas Towels, I would imagine. In addition to the program, maybe get her a seasonal towel that she wouldn't have access to down in Florida (since she seems to be all about the Steeler merchandise), if the Primanti's won't make the trip.
    Christmas Terrible Towel and a Program sounds perfect! Thanks....Great win today Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They have three Primanti's in Florida, so maybe it is not out of the question.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    So I go get my son a haircut and I notice the lady cutting his hair is a huge Steeler fan. Bracelets. necklace, purse, the whole nine yards. I live in Florida by the way. She says she is from Pittsburgh and known as "Pittsburgh Donna". I tell her that I am looking for tix for the Browns finale in Pitt. She calls Bill Hillgrove (voice of Steelers) and gets me 2 front row tix that will be in my name and Mr Hillgroves. They will be waiting in will call the day of the game. Tix will be super cheap and I only met her once. So I guess thanx are in order to Pitt Donna and Mr Hillgrove but wondering your all thoughts...she has nothing to gain as I will pay at will call for the face value of the ticket. (instead of ebay, saving some $) Anyone else gotten tix through Mr Hillgrove. I feel I just got treated like family all the way down here in Florida. Her Grandad or Uncle played LB for the Steelers in the 50's and 60's. A little nervous going to the game without tix until I get to will call...I m going a long way. But she promised on the grave of Art Rooney that the tix will be there. Plus my son gets free haircuts the rest of his life if tix not there.
    Very cool story. Please let us know how the game was when you get back.......?BTW where do you get your sons hair cut at

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Just Googled "Pittsburgh Donna" and it popped right up in the first couple of results.
    Sneaky.

Legend

User Info Menu

We should make her Honorary Steeler-ette for the site!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.dve.com/pages/billcrawford.html?article=10569269[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dude, you won't have any problem getting a ticket if somehow they aren't there. You can scalp easily. I don't know what the extra $ will be, as it all depends on the weather and how big the game is, what kind of season they are having, which, at this point, seems like play offs are likely so there will be some demand. And, just by the fact that the Browns beat us, finally adding some spice to the rivalry, a lot of fans will want to see pay back for that debacle. Imagine, we had a QB who couldn't throw down field (has since improved there), had 8 turnovers and they still barely won. Fans now have reason to be into seeing the Browns go down. It was getting the point that it was barely meaningful/fun to beat them. But since they won, their fans are coming out of the wood work to talk trash. They have the audacity to say we shouldn't resort to excuses, while Brown fans do that worse than any other fan base I know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    [URL]http://www.dve.com/pages/billcrawford.html?article=10569269[/URL]
    JAR - that was hilarious!! Thank you for posting, dude!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!