Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35% Ben Plays Sunday.....

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=RuthlessBurgher;535563]If Ben and the coaches and the medical staff all concur that he should be able to give it a try this weekend, I have no problem with that...he's a warrior. QUOTE]

When people say that I typically chuckle and think of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and the Black Knight fight. Even after he has his arms and legs chopped off he still wants to fight. Sometimes a "warrior" doesn't know when to stop many times to their detriment.

Sorry I would post the video but I don't know how. One of the best movie scenes EVER!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

This is not surprising....It was an injury to his throwing shoulder and ribs...It needs time to heal and regain strength....It is not worth the risk of set backs by brining him back to early.

I have very little confidence that we will win this game anyway...with Charlie playing or a 50% Ben....The OL is in shambles at the moment as well.

Hopefully I am completely wrong here...

I think we have a shot at playoffs even with a loss...assuming we win out. However, this will depend on the status of Ben's health. It is much more likely that we miss the playoffs this year...How can a team that loses to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland expect to do anything in the playoffs.

Although we have been in every game, we just cant seem to get the job done. The team is not bad, but we are definitely sitting on the wrong side of the fence...We are a good football team, but just not an elite team...for whatever reason.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Oviedo;535577]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Ben and the coaches and the medical staff all concur that he should be able to give it a try this weekend, I have no problem with that...he's a warrior. QUOTE]

When people say that I typically chuckle and think of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and the Black Knight fight. Even after he has his arms and legs chopped off he still wants to fight. Sometimes a "warrior" doesn't know when to stop many times to their detriment.

Sorry I would post the video but I don't know how. One of the best movie scenes EVER!!!!!!
    What this? It's just a scratch.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    What makes you think we will make the playoffs if we lose this game? We'd be 6-6 with 4 games to go...I think our playoffs begin this Sunday.

That doesn't mean we should put Ben in. But if he's not in risk of severing an aorta, and he can throw a decent ball downfield...if he's at, say, 75 to 80 percent overall, he'd still give us our best chance of winning, IMO.
    If we are 9-7 we more than likely are in. If sitting a 75% Ben this game gives us a 95% healthy Ben come the SD game, then so be it. If we don't cough up the ball we may beat Baltimore with Batch.

Legend

User Info Menu

What makes you think we will make the playoffs if we lose this game? We'd be 6-6 with 4 games to go...I think our playoffs begin this Sunday.
    Right now, we are 6-5, tied with Cincy for the 6th and final playoff spot. We hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against them so far, but play them again right before Christmas. That's the most important game of the year. Sweeping the Bengals would assure us the tiebreaker against them, and there really isn't that much else behind them.

Miami is a game behind us at 5-6, but they still have to play New England twice and travel out to San Francisco, so I see a 7-9 record in their future. Other than that, you have a foursome of 4-7 teams (Jets, Bills, Titans, and Chargers). Do you see any of those teams winning 5 straight games to close out the season at 9-7? I don't either.

So, realistically, we are just battling Cincy right now in order to get into the playoffs. And if we happen to get in, even as the #6 seed, we all know what can happen (particularly if Ben, Troy, Woodley, Antonio, DeCastro, Colon, Adams, etc. are all healthy come January).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=fordfixer;535582]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What this? It's just a scratch.
    We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

This one also should have been filmed in Pittsburgh, with Ben Roethlisberger in the John Cleese role:

The Roethlisberger family Coat of (No) Arms:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Ben should sit. I really don't care if we lose to these puds. Let them get over confident so when we face them in the playoffs with a healthy Ben, we kick their teeth in and break their hearts again.
    My thoughts exactly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hope Charlie has one good game in him...otherwise, we can probably start thinking about next season.
    Fixed that for ya.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Right now, we are 6-5, tied with Cincy for the 6th and final playoff spot. We hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against them so far, but play them again right before Christmas. That's the most important game of the year. Sweeping the Bengals would assure us the tiebreaker against them, and there really isn't that much else behind them.

Miami is a game behind us at 5-6, but they still have to play New England twice and travel out to San Francisco, so I see a 7-9 record in their future. Other than that, you have a foursome of 4-7 teams (Jets, Bills, Titans, and Chargers). Do you see any of those teams winning 5 straight games to close out the season at 9-7? I don't either.

So, realistically, we are just battling Cincy right now in order to get into the playoffs. And if we happen to get in, even as the #6 seed, we all know what can happen (particularly if Ben, Troy, Woodley, Antonio, DeCastro, Colon, Adams, etc. are all healthy come January).
    The Colts currently hold the 5th seed but still have a home and away left with Houston (but one is the final game so Texans may rest guys), a game at Detroit, one at KC, and one vs the Titans. Colts could lose any of those games.