Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Ravens "own" us?

Legend

User Info Menu

Do the Ravens "own" us?

With a likely win on Sunday that would mean they have swept us two seasons in a row. We can't even do that to the Browns.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    With a likely win on Sunday that would mean they have swept us two seasons in a row. We can't even do that to the Browns.
    The answer would be yes. If you sweep a team two seasons in a row, they PWNED! us.

Starter

User Info Menu

If they can beat us by 2 touchdowns 4 times in a row with our starters healthy then I would say they own us. With the exception of the first game of the year last year it has been a field goal that won it. That is not owning anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

If they win on Sunday, they will have beaten a team with Byron Leftwich at QB in the first game and Charlie Batch at QB in the second game. Would that count as "owning" us? Imagine if we played them with Ben Roethlisberger vs. Tyrod Taylor? If you look at the first game this season where they "owned" us, an injury-riddled Byron Leftwich actually had 35 more passing yards than Flacco, and our defense held Ray Rice to 40 yards on 20 carries. We handed them 10 points on a silver platter via a punt return for a TD and a Wallace fumble deep in our end (already in FG range). Other than those two gifts, our defense held the mighty Ravens to a single FG. Does that count as "owning" us? I concede nothing to the purple mob.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Ravens could beat us 100-0 twice for 10 seasons and they'd still suck.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If they win on Sunday, they will have beaten a team with Byron Leftwich at QB in the first game and Charlie Batch at QB in the second game. Would that count as "owning" us? Imagine if we played them with Ben Roethlisberger vs. Tyrod Taylor? If you look at the first game this season where they "owned" us, an injury-riddled Byron Leftwich actually had 35 more passing yards than Flacco, and our defense held Ray Rice to 40 yards on 20 carries. We handed them 10 points on a silver platter via a punt return for a TD and a Wallace fumble deep in our end (already in FG range). Other than those two gifts, our defense held the mighty Ravens to a single FG. Does that count as "owning" us? I concede nothing to the purple mob.
    Excuses are like A**holes. We all got them. You play the games with who you got.

We get swept two seasons in a row, they own us until the Steelers do something about it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would say their players don't seem as frail as ours.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the Ravens win on Sunday, Mike Tomlin will have a 6-6 record vs the Ravens, not counting the playoff win that sent us to XLIII...

That isn't ownership...that's just a good rivalry...

Since the Browns returns to the league in 1999, the Steelers are 22-5 vs the Browns, not including the 2002 playoff win...that is ownership...

Legend

User Info Menu

No, it just means they've won the last 4 games provided they win this weekend).

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ask a Raven fan if they would take the 3 (or 4, if they win this week) game win streak they currently enjoy... or the one-season, three game sweep (including the AFCC game) that we enjoyed over them a couple years back.