Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do the Ravens "own" us?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They won 8 games and we've won 6. They have lost 3 games compared to our 5. So much for rankings. I'll trade their rankings for ours and take the two more wins, what about you?

To quote the great Mike Tomlin, "we're not interested in style points." All that matters is the "W" and the Ravens are finding a way to get one and we aren't. I could care less about rankings.
    I agree with all of this. But you were specifically supporting their defense (which sucks this year compared to past years), while putting down ours by comparison (which isn't our problem right now whatsoever). The fact is that we are a better defensive team than they are (probably has a lot to do with all of the injuries they have on the defensive side of the ball) while they are a better offensive team than we are (probably has a lot to do with all of the injuries we have on the offensive side of the ball). They also have solid special teams play, while our special teams pretty much sucks except for Suisham (never thought I'd say that).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

our defense has suffered quite a few injuries this season too ruthless, though I agree that they have been hit harder.

I see little evidence of the system "breaking down". Just very solid, if somewhat unspectacular play. The lack of sacks and TO's is worrisome going forward, but there is no doubt that the steelers are a far superior defensive unit than the ravens this season.

unlike the last couple of years, I don't see the ravens as a real threat to go very far in the playoffs this season. They are a very flawed football team and have been extremely fortunate in several of their wins. I would relish the chance to go into baltimore with a healthy ben and end their season. (again)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They & their fans can talk all the crap they want but as Levon Flowers said so perfectly - they're "paper champions" - & even the Raven's players know it - it don't mean a thing if you don't have a ring.

If the shoe was on the other foot you know they & their fans would point out that they weren't at full-strength - especially with our Franchise QB out & that the record I would point to - whats the record when Ben plays? And again, they know thats the difference. In the end, all that matters is getting into the playoffs, & despite the difference in record this year, there's NOTHING they have outside of Rice & Ngata that I'd want here on the Steelers...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    If they can beat us by 2 touchdowns 4 times in a row with our starters healthy then I would say they own us. With the exception of the first game of the year last year it has been a field goal that won it. That is not owning anyone.
    Let's not forget that we have still won every most important (see play offs) game to this point. They have never beat us to go on to the Super Bowl. We have done that to them. I'd say let's now use the "own us" label quite yet. Yea, if they sweep us this year, good for them. But it was facing our 2nd and 3rd string QB so that does lessen the deal.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bump.

And, no.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

NO. And I'm looking forward to the opportunity to knock them out of the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

LMFAO Hawaiiansteel! That's one for the ages! Freaking love it. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

all is right in the universe once gain. Do you guys rememeber the start of the Ravens/Steeler games and how they would beat us at home and we would beat them at their stadium ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, they own us.

Put these two teams on a neutral field together with all of the players healthy and Steelers win 8 out of 10 times.