Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Ravens "own" us?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Ask a Raven fan if they would take the 3 (or 4, if they win this week) game win streak they currently enjoy... or the one-season, three game sweep (including the AFCC game) that we enjoyed over them a couple years back.
    Ask ourselves that and the answer is the same. We've been their super bowl since their inception and they've built their team specifically to target us. We set the standard in the division. We've kept them out of the super bowl more than once. And since Ben came along, we've had 3 super bowl appearances and 2 rings to their zippy.

It's a good rivalry to be sure. But they certainly don't own us. Both teams at full strength, I'll place my bets on the Steelers. With Charlie Brown at QB, all bets are off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone mention Jim Harbaugh's a douche?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Anyone mention Jim Harbaugh's a douche?
    And John's such a douche too - I can't even remember his name.

I'm getting old

Backup

User Info Menu

The short answer is yes....We can use injuries as an excuse all day long, but the only thing that really matters is who beats who...and who wins the division. They have owned us for the last two years....

We are no longer the king of the AFC North...

Sucks but it is the truth...Hopefully the Steelers can turn this trend around next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    The short answer is yes....We can use injuries as an excuse all day long, but the only thing that really matters is who beats who...and who wins the division. They have owned us for the last two years....

Sucks but it is the truth...Hopefully the Steelers can turn this trend around next year.
    Actually, I'd like to turn it around this year. Let's just say that we lose a hard fought game on Sunday with Charlie, but after that we get Ben and other injured players back that allow us to run the table. The best revenge would be beating them in their own crib in the playoffs on our way to #7.

A guy can dream can't he?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Actually, I'd like to turn it around this year. Let's just say that we lose a hard fought game on Sunday with Charlie, but after that we get Ben and other injured players back that allow us to run the table. The best revenge would be beating them in their own crib in the playoffs on our way to #7.

If I remember correctly, we beat the Ravens the last time we played them the year they ended up going on and winning the SuperBowl.

So if this is their SuperBowl, so be it. Ours is the last game of the year.

Let's go!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

I like your scenario better than mine...Let's go with that....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post

I would agree. The Ravens played without Suggs, Lewis out for the season, Ngata hurt and they are still 8-3. They seem to be able to get it done while we can't. Obviously losing your starting QB is a bigger deal then any of their losses, but as much as I hate to admit it they just seem to be more resilent than we are. IMO Ozzie Newsome is one of the best talent evaluators in the league and as good as Colbert is I think Newsome is better.

Every year I expect their defense to take a major step back but they seem to age more gracefully than we do. They seem to have the ability to adjust and be more flexible without their system falling apart.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Checking out what they are saying in their newspapers this week, not really much is going on. There was an article about how their ST are ranked by Football Outsiders as the best in the league. Another story took notice of maybe not seeing a lot of Wallace[I would have had him watching as early as game 4] might help their D. Then there was a mention of how they have only had 1TD in their last 10 Quarters. They were concerned about that. But they still managed to win their last 3 games and are according to Ray Rice "an angry 9-2"

That was about it. Surprisingly, nothing was said about the fact that if they do not win this game, they must win their final four games to insure at least the 2nd seed. They currently have a 1 game lead over NE and own the tie breaker. But, a slip up here could prove costly. Certainly no one wants to go to NE. No?

The 2 or 3 times I got curious about how the opponents were viewing the game, TS[the Steelers] managed to win those games. [Jets, Eagles, Skins] Not too many are expecting a win here but still? Hmm! Wouldn't it be fun to watch them choke away this alleged gimme?

btw: No! Not really, uh well maybe. After all, they did win the last game doing next to nothing. They only brought their punter and a couple of D guys and somehow still manged to win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, and its because we are all spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!