Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maurkice Pouncey could move to guard

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Starks-Pouncey-Legursky-DeCastro-Foster
    This would be my preference as well. I worry about Foster at RT, but don't think he could be worse than Beachum, and I'd much rather have DD playing.

Legend

User Info Menu

posted by Dale Lolley

Wednesday news, notes

Mike Tomlin shook up his depth chart on Tuesday, and then proceeded to shake things up Wednesday on his offensive line.

With Mike Adams, Willie Colon and Max Starks all sitting out Wednesday, the Steelers moved Maurkice Pouncey to left guard, Ramon Foster to right tackle and Kelvin Beachum to left tackle.

Doug Legursky was at center, while rookie David DeCastro was next up at right guard.

But just because the Steelers made these moves on Wednesday does not mean that will be the starting line Sunday in Baltimore.

In fact, I highly doubt that it will be.

This is a shell game Tomlin is playing with the Ravens, hoping they will take their eye off the ball enough to allow the Steelers to come away with a win.

Chances are, when the Steelers line up Sunday, Starks will be at LT, Colon at LG, Pouncey at C, Foster at RG and Beachum at RT.

But if there's an injury during the game, particularly to Colon, Pouncey could make the move to guard.

And if Beachum is overmatched at RT making his first career start, Foster could move over.

But that is not the plan right now.

@ Ben Roethlisberger did some light throwing Wednesday as he was limited in practice. He's getting better, but I'd be surprised if he plays this weekend.

@ Antonio Brown and Troy Polamalu both looked good Wednesday, a big plus for the Steelers.

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2012/11/wednesday-news-notes_28.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Our week 14 OL is going to be this: Ruthless, RamblinJim, LollyDroid, Shawn, Angry Asian
    Chadman will play FB...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Our week 14 OL is going to be this: Ruthless, RamblinJim, LollyDroid, Shawn, Angry Asian
    you want to start Angry Asian at RT?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is Beachum that bad ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Is Beachum that bad ?
    Well, he's a 7th round guard that we are using at tackle, instead of playing our 1st round guard at guard. Sure, he played tackle in college, but he was drafted to be a guard (has a guard's body at 6'3" 303 lbs.).

Doesn't make much sense to me, considering that Foster played well at RT when they tried him there a few months ago (Foster also played tackle in college, and has more of a tackle's body than Beachum at 6'6" 325 lbs.).
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 11-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, he's a 7th round guard that we are using at tackle, instead of playing our 1st round guard at guard. Sure, he played tackle in college, but he was drafted to be a guard (has a guard's body at 6'3" 303 lbs.).

Doesn't make much sense to me, considering that Foster played well at RT when they tried him there a few months ago (Foster also played tackle in college, and has more of a tackle's body than Beachum at 6'6" 325 lbs.).
    I think Foster might be taller than Max. He's definitely got a T body. I really don't get how a guy his height can get real leverage on some of the bigger DTs. And then we completely waste his length at G.

Does anyone remember, did he end up at G out of necessity? I didn't realize his size until I saw him up close from end zone seats. It's not so noticeable on tv, but up close, he's gotta be one of the biggest Gs in the league. And it's no wonder he's got some of the issues he's got blocking.

Legend

User Info Menu

They were talking about this today on Sirius NFL radio.
    Legursky was saying he was much better playing center.
    They mentioned his short arms as a reason hes more suited for center.

On the other hand, wouldnt it make more sense if Colon can play, to put him back at RT, leave Ramon at RG with Pouncey at LG?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Moving pouncey to guard would be retarded.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What would make sense is keeping the blindside of the line consistently the same. Legs has been there for two years.