Thread: Ben Out

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Out

Just heard. True or False?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm voting None of the Above.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, though, according to Steelers.com, he has been ruled out for Sunday already:

Who’s in, who’s out this week
    Posted by Teresa Varley on November 30, 2012 – 2:25 pm

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been officially ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Baltimore Ravens, still recovering from his shoulder injury. In addition, tackle Mike Adams (ankle), quarterback Byron Leftwich (ribs) and linebacker LaMarr Woodley (ankle) will not play on Sunday.

Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (ribs) and tackle Willie Colon (knee) are listed as questionable, and both were limited in practice on Friday. If Colon doesn’t play, Maurkice Pouncey will start at guard.

“It’s football. I am an offensive lineman, I have to adjust to it,” said Pouncey. “It’s still run blocking and pass blocking. I am pretty sure they will pull me a couple of times to see how I look out there. Hopefully I will do good.”

Complete Injury Report:

Steelers

Out – T Mike Adams (ankle), QB Byron Leftwich (ribs), QB Ben Roethlisberger (right shoulder), LB LaMarr Woodley (ankle)

Questionable – T Willie Colon (knee), WR Jerricho Cotchery (ribs)

Probable – WR Antonio Brown (ankle), DT Casey Hampton (illness), S Troy Polamalu (calf), T Max Starks (back)

Ravens

Out – CB Jimmy Smith (abdomen)

Doubtful – TE Ed Dickson (knee)

Questionable – LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle, knee), CB Chris Johnson (thigh), DE Pernell McPhee (thigh)

Probable – WR Anquan Boldin (knee), DT Terrence Cody (elbow), CB Corey Graham (illness), WR Jacoby Jones (ankle), TE Dennis Pitta (neck), S Bernard Pollard (chest), S Ed Reed (shoulder), WR Torrey Smith (thigh), LB Terrell Suggs (ankle)
    [URL]http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/30/whos-in-whos-out-this-week/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I heard it on the Fan or at least that is how it sounded as I started up my truck. Yeah, I got in my truck started it up and I thought I heard the annoucer say, Ben is out for the Ravens game. I wasn't excatly paying attention to the radio at the time, you know how that is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks. I should remember to check steelers.com to verify stuff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Thanks. I should remember to check steelers.com to verify stuff.
    It's also on ESPN.com
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

heard it earlier on espn radio about 1pm EST.

Do we have a chance at a wild card? Should the Steelers rest some starters in hopes to win 4 in a row if Ben is back next Sunday?

Can the Steelers beat the Ravens now? LOL!!! What say yinzes?

Starter

User Info Menu

He will play next week.. dont' need him all beat up like last year against the Niners.. ruined the playoffs.. this is not a MUST WIN game.. the division is out of reach.. Just get him healthy for the stretch starting next week.. All the teams we face have losing records (xcept cincy), we got mostly home games, just gotta DEFINATELY beat the BUNGALS at home for that wild card slot..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    He will play next week.. dont' need him all beat up like last year against the Niners.. ruined the playoffs.. this is not a MUST WIN game.. the division is out of reach.. Just get him healthy for the stretch starting next week.. All the teams we face have losing records (xcept cincy), we got mostly home games, just gotta DEFINATELY beat the BUNGALS at home for that wild card slot..
    That sounds about right. But what really bothers me about all this is Ben playing in that Frisco game last year. If you recall, in many ways the game was meaningless. I was totally totally against him playing in that game. It surely impacted the season and in the wrong way.

And indirectly is affecting the mood of the fans and possibly the organization in this years situation. Last years totally wrong decision to play Ben in that game had all but eliminated any chance or even hopeful speculation that Ben would play in this game. Why? Because of the totally negative results from last year.

What I am trying to say is had Ben not played in that game last year at least this year some of us fans would have had a realistic hope he might make it this year even though not 100%.

This is actually hard to explain. Ok. Bill Cowher used to often say "2 wrongs don't make a right." I think that gets it. In other words opting to let Ben play this year after last years debacle, even if it was only marginal, would be unthinkable.

This is of course all a mute point. Anyone watching this weeks news could see Ben is barely tossing the ball a few feet. In fact, don't be so sure he will be able to play next week. It will probably be day to day and by Thursday the arm should be okay. Maybe?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I told you all he was not going to make this game 2 weeks ago. All the BS with them lying was obvious to me. Those BS tricks accomplish nothing. It is so tired and lame. Wake up, Pgh, you fool no one and you look like a joke.