Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Maurkice Pouncey could move to guard

  1. #31
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,912
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    They were talking about this today on Sirius NFL radio.
    Legursky was saying he was much better playing center.
    They mentioned his short arms as a reason hes more suited for center.

    On the other hand, wouldnt it make more sense if Colon can play, to put him back at RT, leave Ramon at RG with Pouncey at LG?
    If Colon can play, then they will just leave Pouncey at center. I still think the smartest replacement plan for Adams at this point would be to slide Foster to RT and insert DeCastro at RG. Keep guys like Beachum and Malecki solely as "in case of emergency" options.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Colon can play, then they will just leave Pouncey at center. I still think the smartest replacement plan for Adams at this point would be to slide Foster to RT and insert DeCastro at RG. Keep guys like Beachum and Malecki solely as "in case of emergency" options.
    Agree completely. I hope this is a smoke screen and that we'll see DD and Foster starting.

    As for the Legs/Pouncey switch, having seen Ngata absolutely own Legursky previously, I get it.

  3. #33
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,855
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Colon can play, then they will just leave Pouncey at center. I still think the smartest replacement plan for Adams at this point would be to slide Foster to RT and insert DeCastro at RG. Keep guys like Beachum and Malecki solely as "in case of emergency" options.
    Yes to this. Moving Pouncey to LG with a couple days of practice is not the recipe for success.

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,515
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Moving pouncey to guard would be retarded.

    This has to be the most intelligent comment I've read on this site in months.

  5. #35
    If we move Maurkice to guard, it prepares the way for Adams, Pouncey, Pouncey, DeCastro, Foster or someone else in a couple years. By then we could be free of Deebo, Hampton, Ike, Foote, Colon, and a couple other contracts to pay for him.

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    If we move Maurkice to guard, it prepares the way for Adams, Pouncey, Pouncey, DeCastro, Foster or someone else in a couple years. By then we could be free of Deebo, Hampton, Ike, Foote, Colon, and a couple other contracts to pay for him.
    Dream on......more likely to see Pouncey times two in Miami if a twin reunion is desired ....Florida is home

  7. #37
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,912
    We also just added Jake Long's little brother Joe to our practice squad. If Joe pans out, we can use their brothers in an effort to poach both of the Dolphins best o-linemen. We could have a Long-Pouncey-Pouncey-DeCastro-Long o-line.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This has to be the most intelligent comment I've read on this site in months.
    It's accurate

  9. #39
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    3,362
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We also just added Jake Long's little brother Joe to our practice squad. If Joe pans out, we can use their brothers in an effort to poach both of the Dolphins best o-linemen. We could have a Long-Pouncey-Pouncey-DeCastro-Long o-line.
    that would present a serious cap problem. maybe we can get them CHEAP!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #40
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We also just added Jake Long's little brother Joe to our practice squad. If Joe pans out, we can use their brothers in an effort to poach both of the Dolphins best o-linemen. We could have a Long-Pouncey-Pouncey-DeCastro-Long o-line.
    With that O-line Ben could play till 50! If Joe can play.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •