Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (MLB) Rolando McClain to be released by Raiders.. would you want him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Would he be any worse than Foote in coverage? Talent-wise, I think he could be an upgrade in the middle.

On the other hand, if he truly has an attitude problem, we sure don't need that.
    If he isn't better why would you want him? I have no idea if he is but I'm pretty sure the board had a few arguments over his coverage skills and most pundits said he had stiff hips and would be a liability in coverage

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If he isn't better why would you want him? I have no idea if he is but I'm pretty sure the board had a few arguments over his coverage skills and most pundits said he had stiff hips and would be a liability in coverage
    If he's no worse than Foote in coverage, he would likely be an upgrade because he's better vs. the run than Foote is. Plus, he's only 23, so his best years may well be ahead of him; at this point, Foote's best years are behind him.

That said, he probably isn't going to be available to the Steelers...and if he's a problem-child, we don't need that anyway.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yeah... why not. I mean, if I was on the Raider's, I'd start acting crazy too just to get outta Oakland. lol

Basically, we could save a draft pick and gain solid depth with Rolando and Spence alongside of Timmons.
    It depends. If he has a bad tude, no way. Dudes with character flaws ruin the whole batch of apples.