Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build your best possible roster with one (and only one) player from each NFL team

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Possibly, but some might choose Chandler Jones or Donte Hightower. On offense, only Solder would be a candidate for the youth movement. The 2012 draft was mostly defense. My guess is that 2013 will feature offense, but unlike many past years, the Pats don't have a lot of picks in the upcoming draft (unless someone comes along and offers us two #2s for Ryan Mallet ).
    We can offer you Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch for Mallett right now (that's a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for your 3rd rounder ).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    QB Alex Smith SanFrancisco
    RB1 Kevin Smith Detroit
    RB2 Alfonso Smith Arizona
    WR1 Steve Smith Carolina
    WR2 Torrey Smith Baltimore
    WR3 Steve Smith St Louis
    TE1 Alex Smith Cleveland
    TE2 Lee Smith Buffalo
    LT Tyron Smith Dallas
    LG Jason Smith New York Jets
    C Wade Smith Houston
    RG Willie Smith Oakland
    RT Andre Smith Cincinnatti

LE Will Smith New Orleans
    DT1 Shaun Smith Kansas City
    DT2 D'Anthony Smith Jacksonville
    RE Chandler Jones New England
    OLB1 Malcolm Smith Seattle
    MLB1 DJ Williams Denver
    MLB2 Jacquan Williams New York Giants
    OLB2 Demorrio Williams San Diego
    CB1 Sean Smith Miami
    CB2 Jimmy Smith Baltimore
    CB3 Tramon Williams Green Bay
    FS Madieu Williams Washington
    SS Harrison Smith Minnesota

K Rob Bironas Tennessee
    P Pat McAfee Indianapolis
    LS Jon Dorenbus Philadelphia
    KR Antone Smith Atlanta
    PR Michael Smith Tampa Bay

The Smith's, Jones & Williams Team
    I applaud the All-Smith offense. However, there are just as many McAfees and Dorenbuses on your team as there are Joneses, so Jones shouldn't get billing ahead of Williams when naming your team. Next time, try for a true ChadTeam...all Chads. I might be able to let a few Charles/Chuck/Charlie/Chas/Chandler/Chip types to slip in there as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Possibly, but some might choose Chandler Jones or Donte Hightower. On offense, only Solder would be a candidate for the youth movement. The 2012 draft was mostly defense. My guess is that 2013 will feature offense, but unlike many past years, the Pats don't have a lot of picks in the upcoming draft (unless someone comes along and offers us two #2s for Ryan Mallet ).
    Those young guys are a bit unknowns at this point. My next choice after Gronk would be Hernandez but when I was looking for players at other positions that wasn't helping. Solder would have been my 3rd choice. Maybe Mayo since he's more of a known commodity.

On the Steelers, I'd have gone with David Decastro first which I did, then Pouncey. Next would probably be Jason Worilds or Cameron Heyward because they're still so young and as a Steeler fan, they're the next guys up that we've gotta pin some hope on when our old guys retire.

We're both in a transition period. Our window is longer because we have a younger QB. Although with the way he plays, you may have the QB with more years ahead of him. Gawd I hope not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I applaud the All-Smith offense. However, there are just as many McAfees and Dorenbuses on your team as there are Joneses, so Jones shouldn't get billing ahead of Williams when naming your team. Next time, try for a true ChadTeam...all Chads. I might be able to let a few Charles/Chuck/Charlie/Chas/Chandler/Chip types to slip in there as well.
    Yeah, but I don't want to see Chad Brown coming out of retirement to make a cameo.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Those young guys are a bit unknowns at this point. My next choice after Gronk would be Hernandez but when I was looking for players at other positions that wasn't helping. Solder would have been my 3rd choice. Maybe Mayo since he's more of a known commodity.

On the Steelers, I'd have gone with David Decastro first which I did, then Pouncey. Next would probably be Jason Worilds or Cameron Heyward because they're still so young and as a Steeler fan, they're the next guys up that we've gotta pin some hope on when our old guys retire.

We're both in a transition period. Our window is longer because we have a younger QB. Although with the way he plays, you may have the QB with more years ahead of him. Gawd I hope not.
    The Steelers approach to working players into the rotation makes it difficult for me to judge how good Heyward is - I don't see him as much as you guys do (I live on the West Coast and don't catch too many Steelers games). Same with Worlids. But knowing the Steelers reputation for coaching guys up, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be strong performers.

Brady has said he wants to play into his 40s - as long as he keeps improving every year we Pats fans are OK with that. He is starting to get pretty good at keeping the number of interceptions under control.
    Last edited by tiproast; 11-30-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the premise of this thread was altered so that multiple players could be chosen from any single team, Chadman's team of Smith's is quite doable.

QB1 Alex Smith QB2 Brad Smith (WR/KR) QB3 Rusty Smith

RB1 Kevin Smith RB2 Alfonso Smith RB3 Michael Smith (PR) RB4 Antone Smith

TE1 Alex Smith TE2 Lee Smith TE3 Hayden Smith

WR1 Steve Smith WR2 Torrey Smith WR3 Steve Smith WR4 Brad Smith (QB2/KR)

LT1 Tyron Smith LT2 Willie Smith

LG1 Jason Smith LG2 Evan Deitrich-Smith

C Wade Smith

RG Shelley Smith RG2 Evan Deitrich-Smith

RT1 Andre Smith RT2 Willie Smith

RE1 Will Smith RE2 Scott Smith

DT1 D'Anthony Smith DT3 Shaun Smith

DT2 Justin Smith DT3 Shaun Smith

LE1 Antonio Smith LE2 Jacquies Smith

OLB1 Aldon Smith OLB3 Brian Smith

ILB1 DJ Smith ILB2 Derrel Smith

OLB2 Darryl Smith OLB4 Malcolm Smith

CB1 Jimmy Smith

CB2 Sean Smith

CB3 Alphonso Smith

CB4 Lionel Smith

FS1 Eric Smith

SS1 Harrison Smith

FS2 Damon Cromartie-Smith

SS2 Reggie Smith

The Smith's are woefully short in the kicking department. Probably have to talk Hudson Smith out of retirement & find a former soccer player called Smith to be the PK.

All in all, not the worst collection of footballers ever seen..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

When debuting Chadman's squad, the Rooney family in a nod to their Irish heritage, will replace the giant Heinz ketchup bottles on the jumbotron with two huge bottles of this instead:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll give this a shot because it looks like fun!! I will probably build a team with kids and vets because I would want a team that could compete right away!! So here we go!

Offense:

QB: Robert Griffin III / Washington
    RB: Jamaal Charles / Kansas City
    WR: Julio Jones / Atlanta
    WR: Calvin Johnson / Detroit
    WR: Victor Cruz / New York Giants
    TE: Jimmy Graham / New Orleans
    LT: Matt Kalil / Minnesota
    LG: Mike Pouncey / Miami
    C: Nick Mangold / New York Jets
    RG: Marshall Yanda / Baltimore
    RT: Andre Smith / Cincinnati

Defense:

LE: JJ Watt / Houston
    DT: Kyle Williams / Buffalo
    DT: Gerald McCoy / Tampa Bay
    RE: Aldon Smith / San Francisco
    OLB: Von Miller / Denver
    MLB: Luke Kuechley / Carolina
    OLB: Clay Matthews / Green Bay
    CB: Joe Haden / Cleveland
    CB: Patrick Peterson / Arizona
    SS: Eric Berry / Kansas City
    FS: Earl Thomas / Seattle

K: Sebastian Janikowski / Oakland
    P: Mike Scifres / San Diego

RB: Matt Forte / Chicago
    WR: Cecil Shorts / Jacksonville
    OL: Anthony Castanzo / Indianapolis
    TE: Rob Gronkowski / New England
    DB: Morris Claiborne / Dallas
    DL: Derrick Morgan / Tennessee
    LB: James Lauranaitis / St. Louis

Cheating: KR: Chris Rainey

That was actually fun....good thread idea!!!
    Last edited by AkronSteel; 12-09-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Your format, Akron, with a starting 22, then 1 extra RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB (plus the kicker and punter, without the KR, PR, and LS) probably makes more sense than my original format (since who really cares about long snappers anyway...sorry, Greg Warren). You picked a lot of guys I highly considered, like Kuechley, Haden, Kalil the tackle (I took his brother the center), and Aldon Smith (an absolute pass rushing menace, but I wasn't sure about his run stopping ability, so I didn't want to commit myself to a situational player). I like Kyle Williams (I think his abuse of Chris Kemoeatu was the start of Kemo's downfall in Pittsburgh) and the only reason I chose his teammate Marcell Dareus over him as one of my DT's was that Williams was already 29, and Dareus just turned 23 last month. Nice work...glad you enjoyed it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks good Akron, but you have a distinct lack of Smith's in your side, with only 2 found on the roster.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE