Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build your best possible roster with one (and only one) player from each NFL team

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting roster, kraken. Nice rookie QB-RB combo in Luck & Trent, plus Spiller provides you with another dimension out of the backfield. I see that you provided your QB with the same elite weapons in the passing game as I did, but you also added a couple of return men in Harvin and DJax who would also help out as weapons on offense as well. Well done.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like your roster as well, tiproast. Nice looking pair of up-and-coming ILB's in Kuechley and Washington. I also like the Sherman pick at corner from Seattle. He may be the best in the biz right now (with guys like Revis and Webb on I.R.), at least when he's not suspended for taking Adderall that magically appeared in a teammate's water bottle, of course. And for the first guy not to take Calvin Johnson, it is interesting that you went DT for the Lions instead and took Fairley over Suh...I like it. Just curious...any other Steeler players tempt you besides Pouncey?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Well, I try not to be critical of the Steelers when posting on this board, but when I looked at the overall roster I didn't see a lot of young talent. If I hadn't taken Pouncey, I probably would have gone with Antonio Brown at WR, or maybe used him as a KR or PR.

The Steelers need a couple of good solid drafts, I think. And maybe get a little bit luckier in avoiding injuries to key players next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

QB Alex Smith SanFrancisco
    RB1 Kevin Smith Detroit
    RB2 Alfonso Smith Arizona
    WR1 Steve Smith Carolina
    WR2 Torrey Smith Baltimore
    WR3 Steve Smith St Louis
    TE1 Alex Smith Cleveland
    TE2 Lee Smith Buffalo
    LT Tyron Smith Dallas
    LG Jason Smith New York Jets
    C Wade Smith Houston
    RG Willie Smith Oakland
    RT Andre Smith Cincinnatti

LE Will Smith New Orleans
    DT1 Shaun Smith Kansas City
    DT2 D'Anthony Smith Jacksonville
    RE Chandler Jones New England
    OLB1 Malcolm Smith Seattle
    MLB1 DJ Williams Denver
    MLB2 Jacquan Williams New York Giants
    OLB2 Demorrio Williams San Diego
    CB1 Sean Smith Miami
    CB2 Jimmy Smith Baltimore
    CB3 Tramon Williams Green Bay
    FS Madieu Williams Washington
    SS Harrison Smith Minnesota

K Rob Bironas Tennessee
    P Pat McAfee Indianapolis
    LS Jon Dorenbus Philadelphia
    KR Antone Smith Atlanta
    PR Michael Smith Tampa Bay

The Smith's, Jones & Williams Team
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Starter

User Info Menu

'ppreciate that. What I thought was gonna be a 20 minute excercise turned into a one hour challenge. Good stuff.

Tried to make the offense/ST as dynamic as possible while structureing the defensive front seven into a flexible 3-4/4-3 unit.

Very cool thread.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    QB Alex Smith SanFrancisco
    RB1 Kevin Smith Detroit
    RB2 Alfonso Smith Arizona
    WR1 Steve Smith Carolina
    WR2 Torrey Smith Baltimore
    WR3 Steve Smith St Louis
    TE1 Alex Smith Cleveland
    TE2 Lee Smith Buffalo
    LT Tyron Smith Dallas
    LG Jason Smith New York Jets
    C Wade Smith Houston
    RG Willie Smith Oakland
    RT Andre Smith Cincinnatti

LE Will Smith New Orleans
    DT1 Shaun Smith Kansas City
    DT2 D'Anthony Smith Jacksonville
    RE Chandler Jones New England
    OLB1 Malcolm Smith Seattle
    MLB1 DJ Williams Denver
    MLB2 Jacquan Williams New York Giants
    OLB2 Demorrio Williams San Diego
    CB1 Sean Smith Miami
    CB2 Jimmy Smith Baltimore
    CB3 Tramon Williams Green Bay
    FS Madieu Williams Washington
    SS Harrison Smith Minnesota

K Rob Bironas Tennessee
    P Pat McAfee Indianapolis
    LS Jon Dorenbus Philadelphia
    KR Antone Smith Atlanta
    PR Michael Smith Tampa Bay

The Smith's, Jones & Williams Team

you forgot SidSmythe (Smith)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

We should turn this into an all NFL draft. 32 posters. You can pick one player from each team. We effectively redistribute players and try to make everyone equal.

And we see if Chadman can get all the Smiths that way?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Well, I try not to be critical of the Steelers when posting on this board, but when I looked at the overall roster I didn't see a lot of young talent. If I hadn't taken Pouncey, I probably would have gone with Antonio Brown at WR, or maybe used him as a KR or PR.

The Steelers need a couple of good solid drafts, I think. And maybe get a little bit luckier in avoiding injuries to key players next year.
    Certainly a fair comment and nice to see an outside perspective. Hopefully DeCastro getting on the field will change that analysis a bit going forward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post

Our teams aren't that different in that regard. Both teams have some young players with promise but quite frankly the jury's still out on most.

I'd bet everyone of us picks Gronk. And beyond that, everyone else would be questionable/debatable.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Our teams aren't that different in that regard. Both teams have some young players with promise but quite frankly the jury's still out on most.

I'd bet everyone of us picks Gronk. And beyond that, everyone else would be questionable/debatable.
    Possibly, but some might choose Chandler Jones or Donte Hightower. On offense, only Solder would be a candidate for the youth movement. The 2012 draft was mostly defense. My guess is that 2013 will feature offense, but unlike many past years, the Pats don't have a lot of picks in the upcoming draft (unless someone comes along and offers us two #2s for Ryan Mallet ).