Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Polamalu and Brown are playing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    What are the odds Troy doesnt make the half?
    He won't make it through the whole game. I suspect they will rotate him in and out with Will Allen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Can either play QB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Technically, a tear is a type of muscle strain...
    Well, whatever you want to call it, it can take months to heal. I tore a bicep once and I think it was 3 or 4 months before it was healed. Maybe the Steelers' trainers have magic elixir that speeds the process...then again, maybe not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown can be a big difference maker. The offense was hitting it's stride before he got hurt. He allows Batch the threat of the prototype west coast receiver that this O needs. He can create space with or without the threat of the deep ball. Most importantly, our top three are Brown, Wallace, and Sanders, not Wallace, Sanders, and either Burress or Gilreath.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree. We are not beating the Ravens without Ben at QB. I'm afraid that we are actually going to get blown out this Sunday.

We will be 6-6 after this weekend and IMO will have to run the table to make the play offs.
    Ben is the key to the Steelers, but they have been successful with him on the bench before and using Dixon and Batch. Batch is going to be fine this weekend; he had to shake off some rust. The defense completely dominated the Ravens offense and I expect more of the same. If the offense doesn't give the Ravens a short field Flacco and company will only score between 13 and 17 points.

There isn't going to be a blowout and the Steelers will have a chance to win this game, IMO. Have some faith, they have played without Ben before and with a subpar offensive line.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    There isn't going to be a blowout and the Steelers will have a chance to win this game, IMO. Have some faith, they have played without Ben before and with a subpar offensive line.

Pappy
    Agree here Pappy. Ravens are favored by 8. I would go Steelers if betting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Sounds like another ugly game. What a shame. The Ravens have been ripe for the take-down in the division. Their defense is sub-par and their offense has trouble with our D. But without Ben, it's going to be a real struggle to score many points. Here's hoping that Haley has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Yea, I'd take the Steelers +8, what's different between this week and two weeks ago? Batch instead of Lefty, that's it fir the most part. The score was 13-10; I don't know what the Vegas line was on that game. I know it moved quite a bit once Vegas realized Ben wasn't playing.

I just don't see a blowout.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Sounds like another ugly game. What a shame. The Ravens have been ripe for the take-down in the division. Their defense is sub-par and their offense has trouble with our D. But without Ben, it's going to be a real struggle to score many points. Here's hoping that Haley has a few tricks up his sleeve.
    Your ignoring Baltimore's road vs. home performance this year. That offense has been dominant at home. They will score more points than they did two weeks ago.

With Brown and Ben we would probably win this game. We will probably not win this game with Batch and Brown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Your ignoring Baltimore's road vs. home performance this year. That offense has been dominant at home. They will score more points than they did two weeks ago.

With Brown and Ben we would probably win this game. We will probably not win this game with Batch and Brown.
    I agree. Just don't become too disappointed if this becomes a rout. Injuries have just been too much and now we are playing with juggling the already average OL. IMO this could be like opening day last year. Sorry for the gloom and doom but we have to face reality that we aren't that good right now because of the injuries.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"