Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need the opinion of the board

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I need the opinion of the board

Tomorrow night I will be attending the Saints-Falcons game here in Atlanta. My fiancee is from Baton Rouge and my buddy got us tickets to this game as an engagement gift.

Clearly I will not be wearing anything supporting an NFL team that is not the Steelers so here is the question -

Should I go full out Steelers gear for this game, or should I wear a Pens jersey and at least from a color scheme perspective lend my support to the Saints.

I'm leaning towards the Pens jersey right now. Heck, this may be the only sporting event I have the chance to wear this jersey for this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it would be real cool to wear a hockey jersey in New Orleans just to see the reactions, but in Atlanta I'd go with the Steelers jersey. Or you could go with the Pens Jersey and hold up a sign that says "The Real Ice is in the Burgh" or some such local irritant.

Legend

User Info Menu

The last non-Steelers game I went to was the Eagles/Cowboys game, and I opted for a Steelers shirt with the 6 rings, but against the full jersey. I got a few wierd looks, but after explaining that the Cowboys were a common eney of all, it went over ok.

I would probably wear something neutral - I generally don't wear a Steelers jersey to any sporting event other than a Steelers game.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you should wear this to the game:

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm in. Where do I get one in the next 20 hours Hawaiian?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No question. Last time I went to a non Steeler game was the Bills vs. Dolphins back in 1997.
    I was all decked out in Steeler gear and walked thru the parking lot with my arms in the air like I was the champion.
    Steelers were on a bye week (otherwise I would have never gone to the game).
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Tomorrow night I will be attending the Saints-Falcons game here in Atlanta. My fiancee is from Baton Rouge and my buddy got us tickets to this game as an engagement gift.

Clearly I will not be wearing anything supporting an NFL team that is not the Steelers so here is the question -

Should I go full out Steelers gear for this game, or should I wear a Pens jersey and at least from a color scheme perspective lend my support to the Saints.

I'm leaning towards the Pens jersey right now. Heck, this may be the only sporting event I have the chance to wear this jersey for this year.

First of all Congratulations!!

If it were me I'd just wear black and support your fiancee's team --- you've got nothing to lose here.

However if it's either Steelers or Penquins.....definitely Steelers -- why show support for a sport that has had two major strikes in the past eight years?!?

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post

If it were me I'd just wear black and support your fiancee's team

L.B.
    you sound like a very wise man...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you sound like a very wise man...

fortunately for me, the Penguins are her team.

One of the benefits of a southern girl...you get to prove to her that there is in fact a sport known as hockey, and its easy to convince her that your team is the best team.

She also knows more about the Steelers than the Saints now. I'd say she is 75% converted at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    First of all Congratulations!!

If it were me I'd just wear black and support your fiancee's team --- you've got nothing to lose here.

However if it's either Steelers or Penquins.....definitely Steelers -- why show support for a sport that has had two major strikes in the past eight years?!?

L.B.
    Thanks, Lonbull. Its always good to see you back posting.