Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you realize that the Steelers could be drafting as high as...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'd like to say that it's darkest before the dawn...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No team can lose a QB of Ben's caliber for 3-4 games and expect to compete.
    What? Your memory is short.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I expect more realistically the Steelers will be drafting in the #14 to #18 range. This weekend is a guaranteed loss so that makes us 6-6. The best we can hope for is 9-7, but 8-8 is very possible. The Browns game was a must win and we blew it. Injuries just torpedoed the season...it happens sometimes. No team can lose a QB of Ben's caliber for 3-4 games and expect to compete.
    we went 3-1 when Ben was suspended for those 4 games.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, the way the AFC is positioned right now, we'd have to lose all of the games from here on out NOT to take that #6 seed. That would mean another trip to the playoffs and even with an early exit, that would still put us around #20,21, 22 for a 1st round pick.

We're gonna start to get everyone back from injury here in the very near future. Games we should easily win are Dallas, SD, Cincy, and Cleve. 10-6.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 11-27-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, the way the AFC is positioned right now, we'd have to lose all of the games from here on out NOT to take that #6 seed. That would mean another trip to the playoffs and even with an early exit, that would still put us around #20,21, 22 for a 1st round pick.

We're gonna start to get everyone back from injury here in the very near future. Games we should easily win are Dallas, SD, Cincy, and Cleve. 10-6.
    These are tough games with Big Ben, but easy wins when we don't know when he'll return? We'll also be down Adams and Gilbert on the line. Decastro is not healed all of the way; Colon sprained his colon.

We could easily lose all of these games as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Change your tampons you douchebags. Y'all are suffering from toxic shock syndrome. We are going to go 9-7, get the 5th seed, shock the world & win the bowl....jeez.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Has it come to this Steeler Nation? The team isn't even eliminated from the playoffs yet despite all the adversity. I guess I'm not thinking about next season or the draft or combine or any of that until this years body of work is complete and honest assessments can be made based on the whole of the year.

I'd like to say that it's darkest before the dawn...
    worse then that

the team is actaully in postion to be in the playoffs if the season ednded today

Legend

User Info Menu

If we end up drafting early in the first and then again early in the second, I could see us going best player available with a couple of Golden Domers...the best linebacker in the draft in Manti Te'o (would make quite a combo inside with Timmons) and then the best tight end in the draft (would make an excellent complement to Heath in this new 2-TE-happy NFL; Pope won't be here next year and Paulson is a better #3 TE than a pure #2). Then we can address a big need at safety by grabbing Alabama's Robert Lester in the early 3rd.

If we pull it together somewhat in December and are drafting in our usual mid-to-late round slot, then I'd aim for back-to-back picks to take over at safety once Troy and Clark hang 'em up...Eric Reid and Tony Jefferson, then maybe Texas A&M's Sean Porter in round 3.

Still hoping that a healthy return of #7, #43, #84, #56, #66, etc. can get us back on track and have us picking at #32, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If we end up drafting early in the first and then again early in the second, I could see us going best player available with a couple of Golden Domers...the best linebacker in the draft in Manti Te'o (would make quite a combo inside with Timmons) and then the best tight end in the draft (would make an excellent complement to Heath in this new 2-TE-happy NFL; Pope won't be here next year and Paulson is a better #3 TE than a pure #2). Then we can address a big need at safety by grabbing Alabama's Robert Lester in the early 3rd.

If we pull it together somewhat in December and are drafting in our usual mid-to-late round slot, then I'd aim for back-to-back picks to take over at safety once Troy and Clark hang 'em up...Eric Reid and Tony Jefferson, then maybe Texas A&M's Sean Porter in round 3.

Still hoping that a healthy return of #7, #43, #84, #56, #66, etc. can get us back on track and have us picking at #32, though.
    It is all speculation at this point, but I don't believe Te'o will be the first linebacker taken nor is he the best linebacker in the draft. Jarvis Jones is the best and may be the first player taken overall. Now, perhaps you meant best inside linebacker in the draft. I'd agree with that.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we went 3-1 when Ben was suspended for those 4 games.
    ...and we did not have Troy missing, Harrison and Woodley missing in action, Foote as starting ILB, both starting RTs hurt, etc. If we were in the same situation then as now we would not have been 3-1.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"