Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Ryan Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers a 'spoiled bunch'

  1. #1
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,064

    Ryan Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers a 'spoiled bunch'

    Ryan Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers a 'spoiled bunch'

    By Kareem Copeland
    Published: Nov. 27, 2012 at 09:21 a.m. Updated: Nov. 27, 2012

    This is a problem most teams around the NFL would love to have.

    Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark had to respond to widespread panic after a 20-14 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. The Steelers are 6-5 and would be the second wild card if the playoffs began today.

    "You lose one game in Pittsburgh and the sky is falling, it's just part of the culture," Clark told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's part of winning six Super Bowls, it's part of being 12-4 three of the last four years. We're a spoiled bunch and overall we've become entitled. But you can't be entitled, you can't walk into places and just think because you're the Pittsburgh Steelers you're going to win.

    "We need to execute and we haven't been executing. Do we need to win next week? Without a doubt. We could have needed to win next week had we won this game."

    Execution becomes that much more important when you're down a Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a former defensive player of the year. Not sure you're allowed to panic when the team is playing without Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown. LaMarr Woodley, Mike Adams and Willie Colon all left Sunday's loss with injuries. The Steelers were down to Charlie Batch under center with Byron Leftwich out.

    Sometimes injuries derail a season and the Steelers haven't been truly healthy all year long. The bottom line: the Steelers are not championship contenders without Roethlisberger.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-spoiled-bunch

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,557
    He's right!! He brings it every game so he can say it!!
    He must visit this forum. haha
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    a lot of these new guys know nothing but winning and playoffs and superbowls.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Well, I can't fault him, because he is, by far, one of the players balling out of his mind out there. He is playing his best football. I thought he was going to collapse from seemingly making every tackle in that game. The people more spoiled than the team are the fans. But then again, 8 turnovers is simply unacceptable, period, every time. We do have the right to be ticked off over that, as well as Wall-ASS' lackadaisical, uncaring play.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,903
    Clark is such a great player and on top of that , I like him as well. It's tough sometimes to cheer on a guy that you don't alway care for or respect but it does make it nice when the players is the full package.
    He sure does walk the walk so he sure has earned the right to talk.

  6. #6
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    a lot of these new guys know nothing but winning and playoffs and superbowls.
    The new guys may not know about first hand, but a stroll through Heinz field and the Steelers locker room and I'm sure they they understand the expectations of the fans and the organization. I'm sure it doesn't take long for new players to realize the winning tradition ion Pittsburgh.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,337
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ryan Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers a 'spoiled bunch'

    By Kareem Copeland
    Published: Nov. 27, 2012 at 09:21 a.m. Updated: Nov. 27, 2012

    This is a problem most teams around the NFL would love to have.

    Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark had to respond to widespread panic after a 20-14 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. The Steelers are 6-5 and would be the second wild card if the playoffs began today.

    "You lose one game in Pittsburgh and the sky is falling, it's just part of the culture," Clark told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's part of winning six Super Bowls, it's part of being 12-4 three of the last four years. We're a spoiled bunch and overall we've become entitled. But you can't be entitled, you can't walk into places and just think because you're the Pittsburgh Steelers you're going to win.

    "We need to execute and we haven't been executing. Do we need to win next week? Without a doubt. We could have needed to win next week had we won this game."

    Execution becomes that much more important when you're down a Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a former defensive player of the year. Not sure you're allowed to panic when the team is playing without Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown. LaMarr Woodley, Mike Adams and Willie Colon all left Sunday's loss with injuries. The Steelers were down to Charlie Batch under center with Byron Leftwich out.

    Sometimes injuries derail a season and the Steelers haven't been truly healthy all year long. The bottom line: the Steelers are not championship contenders without Roethlisberger.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-spoiled-bunch
    Lots of wisdom from Clark. The guy has future coach written all over him.

    Fans are even more spoiled than the players.

    However, I see nothing wrong with the sense of "panic" it just means the standard is high and we won't ever be satisfied with anything other than making the play offs every year. Isn't that how it should be?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lots of wisdom from Clark. The guy has future coach written all over him.

    Fans are even more spoiled than the players.

    However, I see nothing wrong with the sense of "panic" it just means the standard is high and we won't ever be satisfied with anything other than making the play offs every year. Isn't that how it should be?

    I agree with your statement. You should never be satisfied with losing. I realize you can't win everything or every year but, I don't think it's normal not wanting to do better. Take a look at some of these teams that are such a joke, the Rooneys would never allow their organization to fall so low or at least, not for too long without making changes. Browns fans are some of the best fans there are but, they're stupid. I give them credit for their love they have for their team but, until their ownership see the tickets sells fall, they'll keep putting garbage on the field.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I agree with your statement. You should never be satisfied with losing. I realize you can't win everything or every year but, I don't think it's normal not wanting to do better. Take a look at some of these teams that are such a joke, the Rooneys would never allow their organization to fall so low or at least, not for too long without making changes. Browns fans are some of the best fans there are but, they're stupid. I give them credit for their love they have for their team but, until their ownership see the tickets sells fall, they'll keep putting garbage on the field.
    Perhaps, but Jimmy Haslam had a minority share of the Steelers. It's too early to say whether or not it's going to be a new day in Cleveland. However, there is a new captain at the helm and he has seen the Steeler way up close and personal.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,543
    Clark is a better player than Polamalu.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •