Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Legend

User Info Menu

People can b1tch all they want about Tomlin, but this kind of announcement clearly shows he is not a coddler. "The standard is the standard".

Would a Bill Cowher make such a move mid-season?... I don't believe I ever saw it during his reign.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Mendenhall has been living on borrowed time and on past accomplishments. I don't fault the guy for getting injured, but when called upon he just hasn't been able to answer for whatever reason. I think the organization expected a lot more from a RB that was a No.1 pick.
    By drafting Mendy in the 1st round at #23 and Limas Sweed at 2/#53), we missed out on players like Chris Johnson (#24) not that I'd want him, FS Kenny Phillips at 1/31, Jordy Nelson at 2/36, Matt Forte at 2/44, Deshawn Jackson at 2/49 not that I'd want him, and above all Ray Rice at 2/55. Would you trade Mendy and Sweed for any two of those players ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    By drafting Mendy in the 1st round at #23 and Limas Sweed at 2/#53), we missed out on players like Chris Johnson (#24) not that I'd want him, FS Kenny Phillips at 1/31, Jordy Nelson at 2/36, Matt Forte at 2/44, Deshawn Jackson at 2/49 not that I'd want him, and above all Ray Rice at 2/55. Would you trade Mendy and Sweed for any two of those players ?
    Which begs the question, who's decision was it to draft him, Colbert, Tomlin, Arians?... somebody needs to pay for that 1 - 2 fiasco.

Legend

User Info Menu

Which begs the question, who's decision was it to draft him, Colbert, Tomlin, Arians?... somebody needs to pay for that 1 - 2 fiasco.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Fair is fair- Mendy was a gift when he fell to the Steelers. And it's not like he's been bad here- he's struggled through injury this season. But he has had some decent success as a Steeler. And Sweed was quite possible BPA. If anything- the Steelers were guilty of drafting BPA instead of going with 'their guys'. They didn't even have Mendy in pre-draft, because he was supposed to go much higher.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Fair is fair- Mendy was a gift when he fell to the Steelers. And it's not like he's been bad here- he's struggled through injury this season. But he has had some decent success as a Steeler. And Sweed was quite possible BPA. If anything- the Steelers were guilty of drafting BPA instead of going with 'their guys'. They didn't even have Mendy in pre-draft, because he was supposed to go much higher.
    True and fair that, at that time, it seemed like a great draft for the Steelers. I thought so then. Now, players like Jordy Nelson and Ray Rice have panned out so much better, and seem to have optimum football character and determination.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    True and fair that, at that time, it seemed like a great draft for the Steelers. I thought so then. Now, players like Jordy Nelson and Ray Rice have panned out so much better, and seem to have optimum football character and determination.
    ....actually was on record pushing for the Steelers to draft Rice. He was exactly the kind of runner the Steelers were looking for, a 'will not be denied' type runner. oh well, spilt milk...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's really stupid. Every draft expert on TV gave us an 'A' for the first day of that draft. They said we got 2 steals and both would be play makers for years to come. The draft is a crap shoot ... not a science.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

People can b1tch all they want about Tomlin, but this kind of announcement clearly shows he is not a coddler. "The standard is the standard".

Would a Bill Cowher make such a move mid-season?... I don't believe I ever saw it during his reign.
    Wallace?? What took so long. This move which is really all talk at this point is at least 8 or 9 or 10 or even 11 weeks too late to save this season. Why would anyone play a player who has no interest in the team who absolutely does not expect or desire to be here next season and who might not even be of interest to the team anyhow? This made no sense to me and frankly I think it was a major contribution to the bad situation the team is in now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer looked great against bum Ds like Wash. and Cinn. You could have ridden a tractor without being touched through the holes in those games.

Less than impressed recently. Sledding is getting tougher and he's not doing much. Not sure how he garners the starting role after his recent 9 for 19 rushing with a fumble. How is that worse than the other two? Seems the some to me. Cleveland is not exactly SF.
    Yea, if you are getting rid of Mendi, more on, that's fine. But let's not hail him as any more than he's been; periodically good against bad teams.

But to be honest the OL is so bad right now, that you can't get a feel for any of them. Better bring in some new talent soon.
    And hopefully the OL figures out not to all get hurt by game 10 every year.