Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Per bleacherreport.com

Mendy is now third string and Dwyer is starter.

I bet he's gone after this season, along with Wallace.

Good cap and talent move, IMO.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

How many fumbles did Mendy have - 1 or 2?

Not sure Dwyer looked any better or worse than Mendy on Sunday ... wonder if there's something else going on like attitude problems or something.

Did they say who #2 was going to be DJ?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall has been living on borrowed time and on past accomplishments. I don't fault the guy for getting injured, but when called upon he just hasn't been able to answer for whatever reason. I think the organization expected a lot more from a RB that was a No.1 pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Per bleacherreport.com

Mendy is now third string and Dwyer is starter.

I bet he's gone after this season, along with Wallace.

Good cap and talent move, IMO.

He is unrestricted after this year, him being gone helps the cap situation not one bit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good News...!!

Dwyer has been the best RB for Steelers this season.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Not sure Dwyer looked any better or worse than Mendy on Sunday ... wonder if there's something else going on like attitude problems or something.

Mendenhall blows. Tomlin moved him to #3. He also said he isn't sure if Sanders or Wallace will start alongside Brown so Wallace and his crappy efforts are being called out as well. Doesn't take much effort to try and go back to an underthrown ball, let the DB run into you and get the PI call helping your team. Happens to Ike and our DB's fairly often.

Legend

User Info Menu

The number two wasn't addressed, unless I missed it. You can bet it's Redman.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

At least Dwyer had positive yards before his fumble...

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall demoted … Wallace close, too

November 27th, 2012
    Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

The depth chart that’s released by the Steelers every Tuesday is just a formality — nothing ever changes.

Well, except when your top running back fumbled twice the four times he touched the ball and your speedy receiver catches one pass and has some poor body language.

When the Steelers released its depth chart for Sunday’s game against Ravens, Rashard Mendenhall was demoted from first-team running back to third string. Jonathan Dwyer is now listed as the starter. Isaac Redman remained as the No. 2.

Also, Mike Wallace was always listed as the starting receiver along with Antonio Brown. Now, the depth chart reads Mike Wallace OR Emmanuel Sanders as the starter.

Obviously, the Steelers and Mike Tomlin is not very happy with either guy.

This very well could be a ploy by Tomlin to motivate the two players. It would’ve been just as easy to not change the official depth chart and go about your plan to not play Mendenhall or Wallace. But for the Steelers to make it official in one of their weekly releases tell me motivation might be a reason why.

However and ironically, both are in the final year of their rookie deals.

I guess we can assume that the either Mendenhall and Wallace won’t be on the top of the Steelers free agent list in March if they don’t respond like the Steelers are hoping they do.

[URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/11/27/mendenhall-demoted-wallace-close-too/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Glad to see MW demoted. I was a Mike Wallace fan but i think he has been disappointing.

MW had great 3 season with Steelers. I though MW might take the next step in his play this year but he has been disappointing. It's as if his progress on the field has stopped. All he has to do is watch Plex draw PI penalty and learn from it.

I have not been following NCAAF this season.Is there a Randy Moss type WR this draft?? If there is one i would not mind Steelers drafting him in Rd 1.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT