Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Legend

User Info Menu

JD will need a breather after his first carry. I wouldn't be too worried if I were Mendy.

Here's the potential problem with what Tomlin's doing. Mendy's too smart to be bothered Tomlin's motivational technique. Wally might be hurt by the slight and end up performing worse.

There;s a fine line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    JD will need a breather after his first carry. I wouldn't be too worried if I were Mendy.

Here's the potential problem with what Tomlin's doing. Mendy's too smart to be bothered Tomlin's motivational technique. Wally might be hurt by the slight and end up performing worse.

There;s a fine line.
    If Wally is "hurt by the slight and ends up performing worse" it is good to know because that is the clearest indication he ISN'T an elite WR and doesn't deserve to be paid like one. But, many of us already knew that and I think the Steelers knew that. They gave him the chance to play this season for a big contract and he has at times been underwhelming. You don't commit 7-9% of your salary cap to a player like that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That's really stupid. Every draft expert on TV gave us an 'A' for the first day of that draft. They said we got 2 steals and both would be play makers for years to come. The draft is a crap shoot ... not a science.
    a voice of reason.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy and Wallace demoted....I like it. Now lets move to the defensive side of the ball and get Heyward more playing time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Mendy and Wallace demoted....I like it. Now lets move to the defensive side of the ball and get Heyward more playing time.
    "me too"

-McClendon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That's really stupid. Every draft expert on TV gave us an 'A' for the first day of that draft. They said we got 2 steals and both would be play makers for years to come. The draft is a crap shoot ... not a science.
    I've could've won the lottery at least a hundred times after I knew the numbers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Mendy's too smart to be bothered Tomlin's motivational technique.
    Not sure that excess intelligence has ever been Mendenhall's problem.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He is unrestricted after this year, him being gone helps the cap situation not one bit.
    Yea but not even trying to resign him will help fit us under the cap eventually. Keeping RM would be more expensive then some mid round draft pick, for sure.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hmmm, remember before the season ever started when I said JD would prove to be our best back - better than RM? It took a while, but now the coaches must agree with me. Not even I knew RM would end up stinking this bad. He truly sucks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Hmmm, remember before the season ever started when I said JD would prove to be our best back - better than RM? It took a while, but now the coaches must agree with me. Not even I knew RM would end up stinking this bad. He truly sucks.
    it looks like Mendy is still not 100% to me, I still can't figure out why we rushed him back so early.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha