Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Hybrid View

Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Per bleacherreport.com

Mendy is now third string and Dwyer is starter.

I bet he's gone after this season, along with Wallace.

Good cap and talent move, IMO.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

How many fumbles did Mendy have - 1 or 2?

Not sure Dwyer looked any better or worse than Mendy on Sunday ... wonder if there's something else going on like attitude problems or something.

Did they say who #2 was going to be DJ?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Not sure Dwyer looked any better or worse than Mendy on Sunday ... wonder if there's something else going on like attitude problems or something.

Mendenhall blows. Tomlin moved him to #3. He also said he isn't sure if Sanders or Wallace will start alongside Brown so Wallace and his crappy efforts are being called out as well. Doesn't take much effort to try and go back to an underthrown ball, let the DB run into you and get the PI call helping your team. Happens to Ike and our DB's fairly often.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

At least Dwyer had positive yards before his fumble...

Hall of Famer
    Mendenhall has been living on borrowed time and on past accomplishments. I don't fault the guy for getting injured, but when called upon he just hasn't been able to answer for whatever reason. I think the organization expected a lot more from a RB that was a No.1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Mendenhall has been living on borrowed time and on past accomplishments. I don't fault the guy for getting injured, but when called upon he just hasn't been able to answer for whatever reason. I think the organization expected a lot more from a RB that was a No.1 pick.
    By drafting Mendy in the 1st round at #23 and Limas Sweed at 2/#53), we missed out on players like Chris Johnson (#24) not that I'd want him, FS Kenny Phillips at 1/31, Jordy Nelson at 2/36, Matt Forte at 2/44, Deshawn Jackson at 2/49 not that I'd want him, and above all Ray Rice at 2/55. Would you trade Mendy and Sweed for any two of those players ?

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    By drafting Mendy in the 1st round at #23 and Limas Sweed at 2/#53), we missed out on players like Chris Johnson (#24) not that I'd want him, FS Kenny Phillips at 1/31, Jordy Nelson at 2/36, Matt Forte at 2/44, Deshawn Jackson at 2/49 not that I'd want him, and above all Ray Rice at 2/55. Would you trade Mendy and Sweed for any two of those players ?
    Which begs the question, who's decision was it to draft him, Colbert, Tomlin, Arians?... somebody needs to pay for that 1 - 2 fiasco.

Which begs the question, who's decision was it to draft him, Colbert, Tomlin, Arians?... somebody needs to pay for that 1 - 2 fiasco.

Nice… You can almost envision Arian’s only draft criterion being BSP (Bubble Screen Potential).

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Fair is fair- Mendy was a gift when he fell to the Steelers. And it's not like he's been bad here- he's struggled through injury this season. But he has had some decent success as a Steeler. And Sweed was quite possible BPA. If anything- the Steelers were guilty of drafting BPA instead of going with 'their guys'. They didn't even have Mendy in pre-draft, because he was supposed to go much higher.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00