Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's your starting RB for Ravens part 2 (or part II...)

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Announced that Dwyer will be starting with Redman as the #2 and Mendenhall as the #3.

I like Dwyer the best of the grouop, but I prefer him with Ben as the QB. A bigger RB, slower RB without much of a passing threat leaves me concerned that the Ravens will stack the box. Mendenhall is at least a bit of a threat on the edges and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few carries as a change of pace.
    honestly if will johnson is out there i think he is that passing threat. He has the speed and the hands at least

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's not forget, we may have the best pulling guard in the game (all potential of course) coming back. Colon's been a load to deal with pulling right. And Pouncey is fast off the ball.

These 3 could be opening up huge holes in time. Who do you want running through those holes?

JD's been the most physical runner and that's nice. But if the holes are as big as some of them might be behind DD, Mendy's the most explosive. I think Mendy gets the job back eventually. And I think he fits best with the short passing game once we get Ben back.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Announced that Dwyer will be starting with Redman as the #2 and Mendenhall as the #3.
    This is probably the best plan at this point...

Redman is also a good receiver out of the backfield...both Dwyer and Redman make yards after contact...

Legend

User Info Menu

not sold on any of them... is Rainey out? At least his fumble was on a hit that looked painful. Dude is too small for full time action but I like him the most right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    not sold on any of them... is Rainey out? At least his fumble was on a hit that looked painful. Dude is too small for full time action but I like him the most right now.
    Come on Dizz.... are you saying the Ravens aren't playing scared thinking about 4 RB's putting up a total of 49 yards last game...

Legend

User Info Menu

Jonathan Dwyer to start for Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Nov. 27, 2012

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin knows one player that will start in his backfield against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. He's just not sure who will play quarterback.

Tomlin announced Tuesday at his press conference that Jonathan Dwyer would be his starting running back primary ball carrier moving forward. Tomlin doesn't like running back committees, and he's decided Dwyer has "consistently been the most productive guy" for Pittsburgh this season.

No one ran well against the Browns during Pittsburgh's fumblefest, but Rashard Mendenhall just doesn't look 100%. Mendenhall and Isaac Redman will back up Dwyer.

There remains a chance that Ben Roethlisberger will be the one handing the ball off to Dwyer against Baltimore.

"Right now, CharlieBatch is our quarterback, we have other guys working and we will see where those guys are later in the week," Tomlin said via Steelers.com.

Those guys are Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich. Tomlin said the Steelers will leave the "door open" for Big Ben to play and that he's "got a chance" to suit up.

Tomlin also sounded very positive about Antonio Brown (ankle0 and Troy Polamalu returning to the field this week. Both players will practice Wednesday. It won't be too long before the Pittsburgh Steelers look like the Pittsburgh Steelers again.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101697/article/jonathan-dwyer-to-start-for-pittsburgh-steelers-on-sunday[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha