Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Took a Little Patience

Legend

User Info Menu

It Took a Little Patience

We started out the season with a lot of guys less than 100%. And the sky was falling and Steeler nation was ready to collectively jump off a cliff.

And slowly but surely, Harrison, Casey, Max, and Keisel have rounded into form and are contributing again. A bunch of youngins (Keenan, JD, Worilds, Hood, Heyward, Cortez, Manny) have started to contribute. And some old reliables have upped their games (Timmy, Clark, Heath).

Now we've got a few setbacks. Luckily we've got some of the biggest weapons in the arsenal on the shelf and in due time, we will get them back and use them. Ben, Troy, DD, Woodley, Brown, Colon

Have a little patience my friends. This second surge is gonna be way bigger than the first.

Another way to look at it, we've had 3 perennial stars on the team. 1 of them (Harrison) is just on the verge of rounding into form. His super friends (Ben and Troy) will be back soon. And the supporting cast got a lot better seemingly out of nowhere.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great post Flip, I've been thinking the same thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Serious question - you think they can get in with a 10 win season or do they have to run the table to get to 11 to make the playoffs

Backup

User Info Menu

Serious question - you think they can get in with a 10 win season or do they have to run the table to get to 11 to make the playoffs
    If we stiff arm Cincinnatti and keep the tie breaker, I think we can get in. We'll be on the road the whole time, with a likely first round trip to New England, but we'll be in. I still think Indy stumbles a bit with still needing to play both their games with Houston, though the Texans D is looking a bit soft these last two weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

10 we're likely in
    9 we're probably in
    8 we need some help

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the Chargers loss helped us more than a Ravens loss would have in the overall playoff picture

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    the Chargers loss helped us more than a Ravens loss would have in the overall playoff picture
    Given how we played at Cleveland, I agree...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    10 we're likely in
    9 we're probably in
    8 we need some help
    Agree with this....

However our success this season will depend on timing...I just don't see getting enough people back in time to make a run...I hope I am wrong but we have a lot of key injuries...especially on the offensive line.

I will remain hopeful that we can pull it together to make a run, but this is the wrong time of the season to be figuring things out...We should be in full stride making a push for the post season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We started out the season with a lot of guys less than 100%. And the sky was falling and Steeler nation was ready to collectively jump off a cliff.

And slowly but surely, Harrison, Casey, Max, and Keisel have rounded into form and are contributing again. A bunch of youngins (Keenan, JD, Worilds, Hood, Heyward, Cortez, Manny) have started to contribute. And some old reliables have upped their games (Timmy, Clark, Heath).

Now we've got a few setbacks. Luckily we've got some of the biggest weapons in the arsenal on the shelf and in due time, we will get them back and use them. Ben, Troy, DD, Woodley, Brown, Colon

Have a little patience my friends. This second surge is gonna be way bigger than the first.

Another way to look at it, we've had 3 perennial stars on the team. 1 of them (Harrison) is just on the verge of rounding into form. His super friends (Ben and Troy) will be back soon. And the supporting cast got a lot better seemingly out of nowhere.
    Your assuming of course that all of these players come back, stay healthy, Ben comes back, and we have enough time to still make the playoffs. Its all seeming very unlikely at this point. Can't see the forest for the trees.

I am still predicting that 7-9 is very possible. I hope I am dead wrong.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sadly, may be a case of too little, too late. We complained about Woodley taking half a season to get rev'd up, now we have half the team doing the same.... the Steelers need to get younger.