Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Took a Little Patience

Legend

User Info Menu

Two of these three three teams should make it as Wild Cards (assuming no 4-7 team rips off 5 straight): So yeah, looking at this, a 9 win season could definitely get you in

Steelers (6-5) - Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

Colts (7-4) - Lions, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans

Benglas (6-5) - Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Two of these three three teams should make it as Wild Cards (assuming no 4-7 team rips off 5 straight): So yeah, looking at this, a 9 win season could definitely get you in

Steelers (6-5) - Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

Colts (7-4) - Lions, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans

Benglas (6-5) - Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens
    And when I look at those schedules, I can't help but think, would the Ravens or Texans intentionally lose in Week 17 to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs if they could?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And when I look at those schedules, I can't help but think, would the Ravens or Texans intentionally lose in Week 17 to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs if they could?
    Hell Yeah! As long as it didn't hurt their playoff seeding they would love to keep Big Ben out of the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    No team is going to purposely throw a game to keep another team out of the playoffs. Neither the Ravens or Texans feel that they have anything to fear from the Steelers at this point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    No team is going to purposely throw a game to keep another team out of the playoffs. Neither the Ravens or Texans feel that they have anything to fear from the Steelers at this point.
    Yep, teams never rest their players when that team has their spot locked up. Never happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

It may all come down to the Cincy game. We are tied with them but hold the tiebreaker at the present time because of our head-to-head win against them. If we pull off the sweep, we are in. Seriously, who else is able to catch us besides Cincy? Miami is a game back of us, but they have a rookie QB and play decent one week and then are absolutely putrid the next week. Two games back we have the Chargers, Titans, Jets, and Bills...these teams would have to win out just to get to 9-7...that simply ain't happening.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.