Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: It Took a Little Patience

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,217
    Two of these three three teams should make it as Wild Cards (assuming no 4-7 team rips off 5 straight): So yeah, looking at this, a 9 win season could definitely get you in

    Steelers (6-5) - Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

    Colts (7-4) - Lions, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans

    Benglas (6-5) - Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Two of these three three teams should make it as Wild Cards (assuming no 4-7 team rips off 5 straight): So yeah, looking at this, a 9 win season could definitely get you in

    Steelers (6-5) - Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

    Colts (7-4) - Lions, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans

    Benglas (6-5) - Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens
    And when I look at those schedules, I can't help but think, would the Ravens or Texans intentionally lose in Week 17 to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs if they could?

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And when I look at those schedules, I can't help but think, would the Ravens or Texans intentionally lose in Week 17 to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs if they could?
    Hell Yeah! As long as it didn't hurt their playoff seeding they would love to keep Big Ben out of the playoffs.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And when I look at those schedules, I can't help but think, would the Ravens or Texans intentionally lose in Week 17 to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs if they could?
    No team is going to purposely throw a game to keep another team out of the playoffs. Neither the Ravens or Texans feel that they have anything to fear from the Steelers at this point.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    No team is going to purposely throw a game to keep another team out of the playoffs. Neither the Ravens or Texans feel that they have anything to fear from the Steelers at this point.
    Yep, teams never rest their players when that team has their spot locked up. Never happens.

  6. #16
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,647
    It may all come down to the Cincy game. We are tied with them but hold the tiebreaker at the present time because of our head-to-head win against them. If we pull off the sweep, we are in. Seriously, who else is able to catch us besides Cincy? Miami is a game back of us, but they have a rookie QB and play decent one week and then are absolutely putrid the next week. Two games back we have the Chargers, Titans, Jets, and Bills...these teams would have to win out just to get to 9-7...that simply ain't happening.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •