Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers make roster moves, activate DeCastro

Legend

User Info Menu

If Colon comes back this week but Adams does not, I'd say DeCastro starts at his natural position and Foster moves over to RT where he was surprisingly effective a few months ago.

Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Foster

If Adams comes back this week but Colon does not, then DeCastro could play out of his comfort zone at LG, but he should still be better than Legursky, who seems to be a disaster anywhere but at center and goalline fullback.

Starks-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Adams

If neither Colon nor Adams comes back this week, I'd probably rather use Beachum inside rather than outside. Insert Beachum at Colon's spot (although #68 lining up at LG again gives me the heebie jeebies), then have DeCastro at RG and Foster at RT.

Starks-Beachum-Pouncey-DeCastro-Foster

I was the biggest DeCastro supporter in the world leading up to the draft, so I'm excited to see what the kid can do, especially now that we really need him with all of the OL injuries. If he does indeed play at his usual RG spot, there is no better "throw him into the fire" test by having him face off against Haloti Ngata right off the bat.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I know DeCastro was activated but is he really healthy enough to play? Has he been practicing at all?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hope we don't rush Decastro back into service out of desperation. Same with Ben. Risk is not worth it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I know DeCastro was activated but is he really healthy enough to play? Has he been practicing at all?
    He returned to practice last week. At that point the team was granted a 3 week window in which they could evaluate him at practice, until they had to decide once and for all to either add him to the 53 man roster, or send him back to IR for the rest of the year. I guess they only needed 1 week of practice to determine that he's ready to rock.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

If Adams comes back this week but Colon does not, then DeCastro could play out of his comfort zone at LG, but he should still be better than Legursky, who seems to be a disaster anywhere but at center and goalline fullback.

Starks-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Adams
    in this scenario, I think Foster moves to LG where he has played before while DeCastro starts at RG:

Starks-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams
    Hawaii, that doesn't look too bad actually. Depends on Adams' injury situation I suppose.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION