Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Finally national commentators noticing

  1. #31
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Skip Bayless is a nationally syndicated writer/reporter/commentator which by default means that he really has no idea about each individual team and the situations inside the teams injury reports.
    Explain this logic. How is this so? How does this make sense? He uses his eyes and ears, seeing TP is still not playing, hears and reads that the team claims it is a calf strain, then uses his brain and history which tells him that that assertion simply does not make sense. How is being a nationally syndicated commentator prevent him from not seeing through this claim as not true? So, if you are a nationally syndicated commentator or writer, it prevents you to use your brain to make conclusions? Just as Skip, in my entire life I have never seen a calf "strain" last this long, ever. So, that makes it likely that his injury is something more significant than that. Just plain old common sense tells you that.

    Making statements about Polamlau, a subject I'm sure he knows very little about, is done simply to irritate, stir up, and in general get a fan base worked up to see if he can generate clicks or viewers for his company's TV/radio or internet markets.
    And, you know this as fact? You don't think he really believes in his assertions? It is the exact opposite. He passionately believes in what he is saying is true and defends it all the time. He is VERY driven to make claims that are true. He lives for being proved right. There is no way he would make this claim not believing it. His career is partially riding on providing assertions that end up being proven correct. If you don't realize this, you haven't listened/watch much of him.

    It's not that he doesn't know anything, it's that he simply doesn't know the facts (and nether do we by the way and we're avid fans) and he's throwing something out there without an investigative report to substantiate any of it. So, yes, as far as I'm concerned he's Skip Useless.
    The above is pure opinion not based on fact. You seem to be what you claim Skip is.

    Fine, so it's an opinion and he's paid for opinions, but something like that should have some amount credibility shouldn't it? I mean questioning a future HOFer about his calf injury, really?
    Yes, really. Common sense would lead you to the same conclusion: his injury is not merely a pulled calf muscle. The Steelers constantly lie about injuries and they have done so with TP's leg in this case. Common sense is all you need in order to clearly see this is the case. He has been struggling with the same leg since 2010. Does that sound like a pulled calf muscle to you? Freaking Terrell Suggs DID tear his Achilles and he has made it back in the same year.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 11-27-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I dont think anyone gets angry at him. I think it's a conspiracy theorist type of enjoyment. People watch and imagine there's people out there he's driving nuts and they have a good laugh at those people. But those people are just imaginary. Anyone that he irritates would just turn the channel and watch the NFL network, CNN, Fox News, etc.

    I feel bad for the guy personally. Sure, he makes $500k/yr. But he's got listen to Stephen A Smith. That doesn't seem like a fair tradeoff to me.
    Really? Just in this thread there is evidence that people get mad at him. Have you not read the posts in this thread?

  3. #33
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,274
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Really? Just in this thread there is evidence that people get mad at him. Have you not read the posts in this thread?
    I have... and all of them made light of Skip Bayless' opinion. His name is Skip... why would anyone get mad at what he says?

    The only one who sounds mad....


    is you.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I have... and all of them made light of Skip Bayless' opinion. His name is Skip... why would anyone get mad at what he says?

    The only one who sounds mad....


    is you.
    Yea, that's it. Nice transference. Nothing like a cup of transference to pick up the day. Why would I be mad? Because another assertion I made is apparently true? That makes me happy. Or do you really think Troy has been out all this time from a "calf strain?" ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Really? Just in this thread there is evidence that people get mad at him. Have you not read the posts in this thread?
    Which people? RB, Pappy, Hawaiian? I bet you could punch those guys in the face and they'd still be happy.

    Sid? It's just his shrunken head avatar that makes him look angry. That's not him.

    Fezzy? He's got too many toys to ever be angry?

    Is it possible you're practicing your Skip Bayless shtick? Well, we're not mad at you

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This was the same "injury" that had him hobbled the last two years, including in the Super Bowl vs. Green Bay. That was 2010. This is 2012. Same leg, same limp. This is something more than a pulled calf muscle. They constantly lie about injuries. They are chronic liars.
    This is also an unsubstantiated opinion...

    Skip, is that you?

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Which people? RB, Pappy, Hawaiian? I bet you could punch those guys in the face and they'd still be happy.

    Sid? It's just his shrunken head avatar that makes him look angry. That's not him.

    Fezzy? He's got too many toys to ever be angry?

    Is it possible you're practicing your Skip Bayless shtick? Well, we're not mad at you


    About Troy's injury, I have no opinion. I do know that he's one of the best football players I've ever seen, and I hope he comes back sooner rather than later.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •