Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers make roster moves, activate DeCastro

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers make roster moves, activate DeCastro

Steelers make roster moves

Nov. 26,2012

Steelers Activate David DeCastro and Promote John Malecki to Active Roster; Place Marcus Gilbert on Reserve/Injured List and Release David Gilreath.

The Steelers have activated offensive guard David DeCastro from the Reserve/Injured; Designated to Return List and also promoted offensive lineman John Malecki to their active roster, the team announced today.

DeCastro was placed on the list after suffering a knee injury during Pittsburgh’s Week 3 preseason game at Buffalo. He was the Steelers’ first-round selection (24th overall) in this past year’s NFL Draft.

For the second time this season, the Steelers promoted Malecki to their active roster. Earlier this year prior to the team’s Week 7 game at Cincinnati, he was signed to Pittsburgh’s active roster. He was then released the following week and signed back to the practice squad. Malecki will wear No. 62.

The Steelers placed offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert on the Reserve/Injured List with an ankle injury. He started the first five games of the year before suffering the ankle injury against the Tennessee Titans (Week 5). He has not played since that matchup against the Titans.

The Steelers also released wide receiver David Gilreath, who was signed to the team’s active roster before the Week 10 game against the Kansas City Chiefs. He was active for the past three games but did not record a catch.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-make-roster-moves/d5118648-38aa-47c4-a457-d66af3c862b3?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twi tter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

hmmmmm....., well I suppose that if DeCastro is ready to rock, then this is a good decision. If Adams isn't ready to go, then I suppose we could kick Foster out to RT and let DeCastro play his natural position at RG. Any word on Whiffy Colon's status?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

What happened to Gilbert? There was no indication early on that his injury was potentially season ending...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    What happened to Gilbert? There was no indication early on that his injury was potentially season ending...
    I think he played his way out of a job.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think he played his way out of a job.
    I tend to agree with that. He put enough other people on IR that they went ahead and put him there too. They need to keep the first rounder healthy this time.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

They determined he was too much of an injury risk to the other players on the team...

Legend

User Info Menu

I am looking at the bright side of the Gilbert IR, no chance for him to flop onto another lineman's legs and causing a season ending injury to an already depleted line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Ben said he wouldn't come back unless they stuck Gilbert on IR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe DeCaStro gave the FO an ultimatum.

Legend

User Info Menu

I Wish we could trade him to Baltimore

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.