Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Ben closer to returning

Ben Roethlisberger closer to return

Updated: November 26, 2012
    By Chris Mortensen | ESPN

Ben Roethlisberger just may be ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers' rematch with the Baltimore Ravens next Sunday.

The Steelers quarterback will begin soft-tossing the football early in the week to test his range of motion and work through the pain of his rare rib and shoulder injury, according to team sources.

Roethlisberger slept much better this week, a source said, even with newborn son "Little Ben" in the house.

He has been able to hold his baby with his right arm, and doctors have determined his rib has healed enough that he doesn't risk further damage.

Roethlisberger's pain tolerance and range of motion could determine whether he plays next Sunday against Baltimore.

"I'm going to try," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette when asked if he believed he could return for the game against the Ravens. "It's killing me to watch."

When asked by ESPN about his possible return after the Steelers' 20-14 loss at Cleveland on Sunday, Roethlisberger, who is no longer in a sling, said, "I honestly have no idea what the plan is."

He left the stadium pulling his bag with his injured right arm.

Byron Leftwich started in place of Roethlisberger in the loss to the Ravens two weeks ago but Charlie Batch faced the Browns on Sunday after Leftwich (ribs) was injured against Baltimore.

Batch was 20 of 34 for 199 yards Sunday and was intercepted three times in the loss, which dropped the Steelers to 6-5 this season. In all, the Steelers had eight turnovers in the loss.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8673766/ben-roethlisberger-return-pittsburgh-steelers-possibile-next-week-sources[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Every time I see the title, it looks like 'Ben Closer to Retiring" for some reason. Can you go dyslexic in the middle of an afternoon?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He has been able to hold his baby with his right arm, and doctors have determined his rib has healed enough that he doesn't risk further damage.

Roethlisberger's pain tolerance and range of motion could determine whether he plays next Sunday against Baltimore.

"I'm going to try," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette when asked if he believed he could return for the game against the Ravens. "It's killing me to watch."

That is like a mathematical equation which adds-up to Ben playing next week. No doubt in my mind.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pgh is playing their lying games once again. They think this actually gives them some kind of advantage, that only a child would believe. They like to fancy themselves as in some kind of war, and they are being so slick to deceive the enemy; it's so obvious and worthless.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Pgh is playing their lying games once again. They think this actually gives them some kind of advantage, that only a child would believe. They like to fancy themselves as in some kind of war, and they are being so slick to deceive the enemy; it's so obvious and worthless.
    What kind of mind game is this? The Ravens don't have to prepare for Charlie. Stack the box, make him throw 20 yards, and press and knock him around on passing downs.

It'll look like the last game we played against McNair's Ravens and he couldn't throw a 10 yard out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How does a broken bone heal in 2 weeks?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    How does a broken bone heal in 2 weeks?
    How can there always be so much drama associated with Ben's injuries?

Legend

User Info Menu

Big Ben could return for Ravens rematch

NOV 25
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Many believe the Baltimore Ravens would lock up the AFC North title next Sunday if they can sweep the Pittsburgh Steelers. But the return of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could change the AFC North race.

Roethlisberger has a chance of playing at the Ravens next Sunday after missing two games with rib and shoulder injuries, team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Roethlisberger's pain tolerance and range of motion could determine whether he plays next week, according to the report.

Getting back Roethlisberger is key for the Steelers to beat the AFC North-leading Ravens. Pittsburgh is 0-5 against Baltimore without Roethlisberger since 2005.

If the Steelers (6-4) win at Cleveland on Sunday and the Ravens (8-2) lose at San Diego, where they've had trouble, Pittsburgh would move to within one game of Baltimore. That would put first place on the line in next Sunday's game. Roethlisberger is 3-2 for his career in Baltimore.

Even if the Steelers and Ravens both win, Pittsburgh could close to within one game of first place if it wins at Baltimore.

The concern is whether the Steelers are rushing back Roethlisberger. Pittsburgh needs him more in the postseason than the regular season. The Steelers' offense struggled in their playoff loss at Denver last season, when Roethlisberger was limited with an ankle injury.

But according to the report, doctors have determined his rib has healed enough that he doesn't risk further damage.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/59727/big-ben-could-return-for-rematch-with-ravens[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Get it right, dislocated rib, separated shoulder and sprained SC joint....and he will play Sunday.

Backup

User Info Menu

There was no doubt in my mind that after Ben's baby was born he was going to play. I think if the Browns game wouldn't have been the browns he would have made a go at it. Just my thoughts.. Funny how a man can go from a potentially Season ending injury (that nobody else in the nfl has ever had) to getting ready to play the Ravens ... And Please guys, I love Ben, he is my favorite but I feel he made a family choice over football and now that he has satisfied his wife he will be back and focused.