Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Question, Question, Comment, Opinion

  1. #1
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    71

    Question, Question, Comment, Opinion

    Hello all. I'm a lurker that does not often post. For medicinal purposes, I've created this rant. Read it if you like, comment if you want, but know that it is just my way of getting it off my chest.

    - Did anybody notice how badly Legursky played? With all the other easy targets, I think he received a pass from the general public for his horrible play.
    - So, the reason for keeping Leftwich AND Batch was to have two stable backups that could be plugged in and get a few wins when Ben is hurt. You keep two over the hill, never-has-beens, hoping the two together will form one very solid backup QB. Experiment fail. I have a soft spot in my heart for both of these guys, too. But, can we be done feeling bad for these two?
    - Anybody notice that Haley dialed up 4 straight screen passes in one possession? I did. They netted the Steelers offense exactly minus 3 yards. To be fair, Wallace gained 6-8 yards on the first one, which was brought back on a holding call.
    - Speaking of holding calls.........if I never see another one called, it will be too soon.
    - Browns = dead fish. Steelers = Catch and release.
    - 7 fumbles and 3 interceptions total. I see a lot of people stating that coaches have nothing to do with this. But, for 4 years now, I've been yelling at the TV asking why a RB's coach would allow Mendenhall to run around an NFL field holding the ball a foot away from his body. Anyone remember Tiki Barber and his transformation to carrying the ball tight to his upper chest? This is something that would likely be a point of emphasis with a junior high running back, but yet, Mendy has come this far without ever changing his style.
    - I'm a Tomlin supporter. However, he deserves some criticism for a team that did not come to play against two division opponents in two consecutive weeks. Fumbling, penalties, missed assignments, etc. are all part of mindset. Should I mention this team has lost to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland this year? Or, that Tomlin teams often lose games to sub-par teams each year? For all his talk (standard is the standard), I'm starting to get concerned what exactly his standard is.
    - It's really sad to think that Wallace is not playing ball with his heart...............and yet, he will still receive a stupid, large payday from some team in this league. I wish my job was like that, I would just start working way less and wait for my ship to come in.
    - Also sad, that Pittsburgh is still very much in control of a Wild Card spot in this league. The mediocrity of the league is just sad. I'm glad we still have control and can "get it together" and have another run like 2005, but the league is way down.
    - Injuries, injuries, injuries. It seems to be an every season occurrence, now. Seriously, is there anything that can be done to avoid this? Other teams do not have it so bad. Before you chalk it up to old age catching up with us, consider Woodley, Adams, Decastro, Dwyer, Mendy, Brown and Pouncey (last year). What in the world? Did these men disrespect the Terrible Towel or something?
    - And lastly, my wife and I were blessed with a perfect and healthy baby boy on Sunday, November 18th at 7:47 p.m..........just 40 minutes before kickoff of the Ravens game. He was born with a Terrible Towel in his little fist. However, at this point, the little guy has yet to see a Steelers victory in his lifetime! It's a little difficult to teach him about the Glory of the Pittsburgh Steelers when Lefty and Batch are shooting blanks from behind their walkers. I had to show him old You Tube videos of Jack Lambert to get him to believe me. Please Steelers, for the sake of your future fan base, get this little man a victory over the hated Ratbirds this week! Break the streak of Raven domination over the past two years. I wanna see some pouting Baltimorons sitting in the stands, faces covered and "40-6" flashing on the bottom of my TV screen, so I can high-five my little buddy and tell him "THAT THERE, IS THE GREATEST TEAM ON EARTH, MORE SUPER BOWL WINS THAN ANY TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE. NO TEAM MORE FEARED, RESPECTED OR COVETED, THAN OUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS".

    - Roll Call: Let's go Ben! Time to fly around again, Troy! You haven't earned your paycheck this year yet, Antonio! Wake up and put the burners on, Wally! Introduce yourself to the NFL, Rainey. We need all hands on deck...............let's turn this thing around.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,908
    Congrats on the little guy, Blitzen!


  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en View Post
    the little guy has yet to see a Steelers victory in his lifetime!
    Words no other Steeler fan has likely ever muttered. Well played.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,879
    Congrats on the new boy Blitz, and pretty cool post as well.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,683
    Good post... congrats on the baby!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  6. #6
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,829
    Congrats on the baby and feel free to post more

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - Did anybody notice how badly Legursky played? With all the other easy targets, I think he received a pass from the general public for his horrible play.
    Yup. He sucked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - So, the reason for keeping Leftwich AND Batch was to have two stable backups that could be plugged in and get a few wins when Ben is hurt. You keep two over the hill, never-has-beens, hoping the two together will form one very solid backup QB. Experiment fail. I have a soft spot in my heart for both of these guys, too. But, can we be done feeling bad for these two?
    I don't feel sorry for these stiffs...they've made a lot of money off the Steelers for riding the pine. Time to dial them a ride out of town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - Anybody notice that Haley dialed up 4 straight screen passes in one possession? I did. They netted the Steelers offense exactly minus 3 yards. To be fair, Wallace gained 6-8 yards on the first one, which was brought back on a holding call.
    Haley keeps calling the kind of dog-poop games he has lately, and he can exit the 'Burgh on the same bus as Batch and Leftwich leave on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - 7 fumbles and 3 interceptions total. I see a lot of people stating that coaches have nothing to do with this. But, for 4 years now, I've been yelling at the TV asking why a RB's coach would allow Mendenhall to run around an NFL field holding the ball a foot away from his body. Anyone remember Tiki Barber and his transformation to carrying the ball tight to his upper chest? This is something that would likely be a point of emphasis with a junior high running back, but yet, Mendy has come this far without ever changing his style.
    Not a doubt in my mind that the Steelers have "dropped the ball" (excuse the pun) when it comes to their running backs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - I'm a Tomlin supporter. However, he deserves some criticism for a team that did not come to play against two division opponents in two consecutive weeks. Fumbling, penalties, missed assignments, etc. are all part of mindset. Should I mention this team has lost to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland this year? Or, that Tomlin teams often lose games to sub-par teams each year? For all his talk (standard is the standard), I'm starting to get concerned what exactly his standard is.
    Sadly, we've seen an established pattern with inferior opponents--Tomlin is failing in his task of readying a disciplined and focused team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - It's really sad to think that Wallace is not playing ball with his heart...............and yet, he will still receive a stupid, large payday from some team in this league. I wish my job was like that, I would just start working way less and wait for my ship to come in.
    Wallace is exacting his "revenge" on the Steelers for not giving him the Fitzgerald-type contract he thought he deserved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - Also sad, that Pittsburgh is still very much in control of a Wild Card spot in this league. The mediocrity of the league is just sad. I'm glad we still have control and can "get it together" and have another run like 2005, but the league is way down.
    $$$$...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - Injuries, injuries, injuries. It seems to be an every season occurrence, now. Seriously, is there anything that can be done to avoid this? Other teams do not have it so bad. Before you chalk it up to old age catching up with us, consider Woodley, Adams, Decastro, Dwyer, Mendy, Brown and Pouncey (last year). What in the world? Did these men disrespect the Terrible Towel or something?
    Time to take a serious look at our conditioning regimen and coaching.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - And lastly, my wife and I were blessed with a perfect and healthy baby boy on Sunday, November 18th at 7:47 p.m..........just 40 minutes before kickoff of the Ravens game. He was born with a Terrible Towel in his little fist. However, at this point, the little guy has yet to see a Steelers victory in his lifetime! It's a little difficult to teach him about the Glory of the Pittsburgh Steelers when Lefty and Batch are shooting blanks from behind their walkers. I had to show him old You Tube videos of Jack Lambert to get him to believe me. Please Steelers, for the sake of your future fan base, get this little man a victory over the hated Ratbirds this week! Break the streak of Raven domination over the past two years. I wanna see some pouting Baltimorons sitting in the stands, faces covered and "40-6" flashing on the bottom of my TV screen, so I can high-five my little buddy and tell him "THAT THERE, IS THE GREATEST TEAM ON EARTH, MORE SUPER BOWL WINS THAN ANY TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE. NO TEAM MORE FEARED, RESPECTED OR COVETED, THAN OUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS".
    Congratulations on the little Blitz-en. May he see many Steelers Super Bowl victories in his lifetime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    - Roll Call: Let's go Ben! Time to fly around again, Troy! You haven't earned your paycheck this year yet, Antonio! Wake up and put the burners on, Wally! Introduce yourself to the NFL, Rainey. We need all hands on deck...............let's turn this thing around.
    The flame of hope for this season still burns, but it's flickering and growing mighty dim.

  8. #8
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Words no other Steeler fan has likely ever muttered. Well played.
    Thanks guys! He's our little surprise baby. Surprise conception (immaculate, even), surprise boy (we have two little girls), and surprise arrival (3 weeks early). I figured he was tired of listening to the games in utero and wanted to see one with his own eyes. Plus, he's competitive, he wanted to get here a few days before Ben Jr.

    i was born in December of 1974, just in time to catch the start of the Steelers dynasty. I was hoping he'd carry that same gene.

    cheers! Here's hoping Ben is healed up for this week, and the Ravens crazy luck runs out!

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en View Post
    Thanks guys! He's our little surprise baby. Surprise conception (immaculate, even), surprise boy (we have two little girls), and surprise arrival (3 weeks early). I figured he was tired of listening to the games in utero and wanted to see one with his own eyes. Plus, he's competitive, he wanted to get here a few days before Ben Jr.

    i was born in December of 1974, just in time to catch the start of the Steelers dynasty. I was hoping he'd carry that same gene.

    cheers! Here's hoping Ben is healed up for this week, and the Ravens crazy luck runs out!
    With all those surprises, should we expect to see you on the Maury Povich soon?

    In all seriousness, hope your boy has your same luck. Keisel's latest kid support this year's SuperBowl. And if this comes to pass, you may be on the hook to make some more babies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •