Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: If Ben can't go: You start Batch or Hoyer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    BUMP: So if Ben can't play next Sunday, do we go with BATCH or HOYER??
    Chuck's clearly working with those Angels in the Endzone folks. Gotta stick with God's QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Why on God's green earth would you even entertain the possibility of starting Batch after the performance he had against the 2-8 Browns? We gave them the ball 7 times and they still only beat us by 6! Its because our D is playing lights out ansd they did so against the Ravens last week. Yes, Hoyer doesnt know the Offense and has only been on the team for a week, but the guy is an NFL QB. He can adapt a lot easier then what some of you think. This isnt rocket science, its football and the last I looked it is still played, for the most part, the same way it was played in 1930. Hoyer was able to grasp the Pats offense, which is similar to Haley's, so he'll not have many misunderstandings, except for the names of the plays, in ours. Batch is finished and will be dropped after this season and in my opinion should be cut right now. Pick up another QB and get on with this season.

If Batch starts against the Ravens we will lose by 2 td's or more. The Ravens play a lot better at home then they do on the road. We have to score at least 24 to win this game and Chuck isnt going to get us there. Not even CLOSE!
    It's all good.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Chemistry with the receivers? Pap, you have lost your mind! It was evident Sunday that Batch had Zero chemistry with our WR's. Hopefully Batch just had a bad game and plays better because thats all we can hope for if Ben doesnt play.
    It's all good my friend.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some real experts we have on this board I must say. It's all good!! LOL
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Some real experts we have on this board I must say. It's all good!! LOL
    Sometimes even us blind squirrels find a nut. I'm glad I was the blind squirrel this week!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Yesterday, we were going up against a Harbaughian level of douchebaggery, and Tomlin stepped up to the plate by screwing over Coach Massengill at the post-game handshake.

This coming weekend, we will face the douchetastic Phil Rivers. Charlie Batch is simply too nice of a guy to match that degree of douchiosity, so we must start Hoyer this week instead, since he spent 3 seasons studying at the douche altar of Brady and Belichick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yesterday, we were going up against a Harbaughian level of douchebaggery, and Tomlin stepped up to the plate by screwing over Coach Massengill at the post-game handshake.

This coming weekend, we will face the douchetastic Phil Rivers. Charlie Batch is simply too nice of a guy to match that degree of douchiosity, so we must start Hoyer this week instead, since he spent 3 seasons studying at the douche altar of Brady and Belichick.
    Todd Haley was a douche too until he came to Pittsburgh. Coming to Pittsburgh absolved him from all his sins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It's all good my friend.

Pappy
    I see you like to point out my faults, but you missed my "owning up" in the other thread???? Come on Pap...don't bruise your own back.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

really?....
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would rather the Steelers not show up and just add a loss to their record than go to Baltimore, start Batch and get embarrassed again which is likely to happen if Batch has to start.
    Any given Sunday, man. Any given Sunday.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>