Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Ben can't go: You start Batch or Hoyer?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben can't go: You start Batch or Hoyer?

After watching Batch this week would you give him the nod against Baltimore and assume (and hope) the RB's don't fumble the game away and another week in practice would get enough rust off to prevent 3 int's and get a possible victory? Or would you give Hoyer a shot after 2 weeks of learning the playbook, thinking, it can't be a worse showing and they can always go to Batch if he's overwhelmed?

Hoyer was an undrafted FA out of Michigan St (where he was Honarable Mention All Big Ten in 2007). He appeared in 13 games for the pats from 2009 - 2011 and was 27 of 43 for 286 yards. I TD - I INT.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No question you start Batch. Hoyer is **** and knows **** about the offense. I bet Charlie is better this week. I have a feeling we will trot a duct taped Big Ben out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree Rob, you could read the "ol crap" look all over Ben's face yesterday.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Batch. Charlie Batch. (I had to give him the James Bond treatment, because just saying Batch was deemed too short).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Many ticked off fans have phoned into the radio station " The Fan wanting to know why the new guy didn't play, will he play this week yada, yada, yada. Why do people always feel theres a miracle QB on the bench ? Of course you start Batch this Ravens game. The new guy doesn't know the offense, doesn't have a clue yet what this team is about. Batch has probably gotten more in tune with the Browns game and so has Haley probably. Give Batch, Haley another chance. Best chance these guy have would be, " don't turn the ball over. "

Rookie

User Info Menu

Batch knows the team, knows the offense and still threw three INTs...

Hoyer couldn't do worse...

Legend

User Info Menu

Is "Johnny Football" from TX A&M eligible ... during his freshman year!? He plays just like a mini-Ben!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Batch knows the team, knows the offense and still threw three INTs...

Hoyer couldn't do worse...
    Thank you...a voice of reason. Knowing the O, Batch looked horrific. He can't make the throws...he has nothing left. At least Hoyer can make all the throws. Give him a limited PB and take your chances. You can not start Batch again.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Batch and it isn't close.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Hoyer. No question in my mind. The offense is just as limited with Batch in the lineup because of his lack of physical abilities. I've always liked Batch but old age happens.

The offense was unbelievably painful to watch again. It was VERY conservative and predictable for various reasons. The Browns D showed Charlie ZERO respect as a passer.

Can anyone honestly say that Hoyer would do any worse than 11% (1 of 9) on 3rd down conversions?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.