Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Worild of Difference

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A Worild of Difference

Explosive! He now leads the Steelers with 5 sacks.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Explosive! He now leads the Steelers with 5 sacks.
    And, despite what you may read on this board, he beat a blocker to earn that sack...he can do that...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And, despite what you may read on this board, he beat a blocker to earn that sack...he can do that...
    4 tackles, 2 sacks, holding penalty called because of him, and he played the run well. Sometimes it just takes a guy a few years to get going.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

4 tackles, 2 sacks, holding penalty called because of him, and he played the run well. Sometimes it just takes a guy a few years to get going.

Just ask James Harrison.

I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Just ask James Harrison.

I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.
    Worilds had a 1.58 ten yard split at the combine on his forty.

Consider that Bruce Irvin (Seattle) was considered a one trick pass rushing pony and had a 1.57 yard split at a lighter weight. Anything sub 1.6 is considered elite pass rushing explosiveness.

Be glad to see if he can stay healthy through this season and the offseason.
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-26-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Be glad to see if he can stay healthy through this season and the offseason.
    Yeah, health has always been a big question with Worilds. He played well yesterday.

In addition to his stats, he also broke up a pass when he rocked the guy bobbling the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

It is weird seeing that big ol' 93 running around...I always think of Joel Steed...if Worilds shed a few pounds, maybe I wouldn't anymore.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Worilds seems to play a lot better when he plays on the left in place of Woodley than when he fills in for Harrison on the right. if I remember correctly, Worilds played LDE at Va Tech, seems like he is a lot more comfortable on that side.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Worilds is a beast at LOLB. He's mediocre on the right.

I keep thinking he's fast Casey Hampton. When you look at the 3 quickly, sometimes it looks like an 8.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've liked the guy for a while. It seems he is finally about healthy. He has the ability to be a real playmaker.