Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Worild of Difference

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Yup. Steelers are stuck with him for years, for better or worse.
    He reminds me a lot of Terrell Suggs.

Suggs was very good early on, and then let his conditioning go and had a few mediocre injury ridden years. All of the sudden he wants paid again, gets in very good condition and goes on to win DPOY.

I think it was Keith Butler that said during pre-season the thing that was holding Lamarr back was his conditioning. If he was in the best shape of his life he would be unstoppable.

Gildon 2.0?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would Woodley be any good playing at ROLB you think?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's just not as dominate a run defender as Harrison. However, he may benefit from playing next to Keisel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only on a Steelers board would you ever find someone complaining that they are 'stuck' with LaMarr Woodley.

The dude is a beast. Injuries happen.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I for one am already on the OLB in the 1st and Harrison out for 2013 wagon. Worlds performance was a pleasant surprise but he will have to put a string of them together before I say he is the future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I for one am already on the OLB in the 1st and Harrison out for 2013 wagon. Worlds performance was a pleasant surprise but he will have to put a string of them together before I say he is the future.
    Oh Geez JPN...going to have to disagree with you! NT now that Ta'amu is gone, SS, FS & WR if Wallace moves on are surely higher priorities as there is no real progression plan for these spots.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Aldon Smith of the 49ers has 16.5 sacks already. And in this upcoming draft it seems loaded with Aldon Smith types. All quick of the edge, and long and lanky.

Bjoern Werner
    Barkevious Mingo
    Sam Montgomery
    Damontre Moore
    Dion Jordan
    Alex Okafor
    Jackson Jeffcoat (hurt but still could declare)
    Corey Lemonier
    Cornellius "Tank" Carradine ( he too is injured but still may declare)
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He's just not as dominate a run defender as Harrison. However, he may benefit from playing next to Keisel.
    Keisel is the same age as Harrison. If you are thinking about moving Woodley to Harrison's spot when Harrison leaves, it doesn't matter if he'd benefit from playing next to Keisel, since Keisel would be on his way out as well around the same time that Harrison leaves.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Oh Geez JPN...going to have to disagree with you! NT now that Ta'amu is gone, SS, FS & WR if Wallace moves on are surely higher priorities as there is no real progression plan for these spots.
    Ta'Amu isn't exactly gone. He's on our practice squad right now. He'll be back in Latrobe again next year fighting for a roster spot. And since Hampton's contract is up after this season, I expect McLendon and Ta'Amu to split time at NT next year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not gonna lie if Louis Nix III declares and is available for our 1st pick I would be happy.

Safety isnt elite but it is deep this year and I think good quality guys could be taken in rounds 2-4. I still think ILB is something we should do early. Good amount of guys coming out that play in a 3-4 system might shorten their learning period.

I think that the production from Wallace shows that we dont need a burner in this system. I think a mid round WR is best, this draft looks deep at WR. The FO has shown they know how to pick those guys, I think if they take one it will be middle draft.

Might be a dumb question, but do we get a comp pick for Willie Gay going to Arizona?