Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: A Worild of Difference

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    A Worild of Difference

    Explosive! He now leads the Steelers with 5 sacks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Explosive! He now leads the Steelers with 5 sacks.
    And, despite what you may read on this board, he beat a blocker to earn that sack...he can do that...

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And, despite what you may read on this board, he beat a blocker to earn that sack...he can do that...
    4 tackles, 2 sacks, holding penalty called because of him, and he played the run well. Sometimes it just takes a guy a few years to get going.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    4 tackles, 2 sacks, holding penalty called because of him, and he played the run well. Sometimes it just takes a guy a few years to get going.

    Just ask James Harrison.

    I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Just ask James Harrison.

    I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.
    Worilds had a 1.58 ten yard split at the combine on his forty.

    Consider that Bruce Irvin (Seattle) was considered a one trick pass rushing pony and had a 1.57 yard split at a lighter weight. Anything sub 1.6 is considered elite pass rushing explosiveness.

    Be glad to see if he can stay healthy through this season and the offseason.
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-26-2012 at 01:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Be glad to see if he can stay healthy through this season and the offseason.
    Yeah, health has always been a big question with Worilds. He played well yesterday.

    In addition to his stats, he also broke up a pass when he rocked the guy bobbling the ball.

  7. #7
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,425
    It is weird seeing that big ol' 93 running around...I always think of Joel Steed...if Worilds shed a few pounds, maybe I wouldn't anymore.

  8. #8
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,166
    Worilds seems to play a lot better when he plays on the left in place of Woodley than when he fills in for Harrison on the right. if I remember correctly, Worilds played LDE at Va Tech, seems like he is a lot more comfortable on that side.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    Worilds is a beast at LOLB. He's mediocre on the right.

    I keep thinking he's fast Casey Hampton. When you look at the 3 quickly, sometimes it looks like an 8.

  10. #10
    I've liked the guy for a while. It seems he is finally about healthy. He has the ability to be a real playmaker.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •