Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: A Worild of Difference

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    A Worild of Difference

    Explosive! He now leads the Steelers with 5 sacks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Explosive! He now leads the Steelers with 5 sacks.
    And, despite what you may read on this board, he beat a blocker to earn that sack...he can do that...

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And, despite what you may read on this board, he beat a blocker to earn that sack...he can do that...
    4 tackles, 2 sacks, holding penalty called because of him, and he played the run well. Sometimes it just takes a guy a few years to get going.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,316
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    4 tackles, 2 sacks, holding penalty called because of him, and he played the run well. Sometimes it just takes a guy a few years to get going.

    Just ask James Harrison.

    I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Just ask James Harrison.

    I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.
    Worilds had a 1.58 ten yard split at the combine on his forty.

    Consider that Bruce Irvin (Seattle) was considered a one trick pass rushing pony and had a 1.57 yard split at a lighter weight. Anything sub 1.6 is considered elite pass rushing explosiveness.

    Be glad to see if he can stay healthy through this season and the offseason.
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-26-2012 at 02:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Be glad to see if he can stay healthy through this season and the offseason.
    Yeah, health has always been a big question with Worilds. He played well yesterday.

    In addition to his stats, he also broke up a pass when he rocked the guy bobbling the ball.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Just ask James Harrison.

    I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.
    Woodley better watch his Ps and Qs: If he keeps getting injured (How many games has he missed since signing his big bonus?) and Worilds keeps this up, Woodley may get cut. Once it comes time to pay JW (if he keeps this up) it won't make any sense to pay both big $, unless Harrison is gone. Someone is going to be odd man out.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Woodley better watch his Ps and Qs: If he keeps getting injured (How many games has he missed since signing his big bonus?) and Worilds keeps this up, Woodley may get cut. Once it comes time to pay JW (if he keeps this up) it won't make any sense to pay both big $, unless Harrison is gone. Someone is going to be odd man out.
    Are you human? Woodley might get cut? Seriously?

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Woodley better watch his Ps and Qs: If he keeps getting injured (How many games has he missed since signing his big bonus?) and Worilds keeps this up, Woodley may get cut. Once it comes time to pay JW (if he keeps this up) it won't make any sense to pay both big $, unless Harrison is gone. Someone is going to be odd man out.
    Can't cut Woodley, he signed a huge deal and restructured last year. Cap hit would be prodigious.

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,908
    It is weird seeing that big ol' 93 running around...I always think of Joel Steed...if Worilds shed a few pounds, maybe I wouldn't anymore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •