Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Worild of Difference

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Oh Geez JPN...going to have to disagree with you! NT now that Ta'amu is gone, SS, FS & WR if Wallace moves on are surely higher priorities as there is no real progression plan for these spots.
    The news must be slow getting to you down there Ta Amu is still here (PS) & McClendon is already playing better than Hampton. S is a big need but you have to look at the production to contract. Clark is still producing. Troy will still be here for 1 year. S is 1 year out but it will be addressed early because of the age of the starters. Harrison is done...period. They aren't paying him next year. There isn't any answer to date for his replacement. Wallace situation pending but Sanders is 2013 solution (RFA) if Wallace does depart. Very good draft for a pass rusher in the 1st. Not looking good in the 1st for a S or WR. As as right now, Reid may be the only S I would take Rd1 and I do not like any WR inside the top #25.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Keisel is the same age as Harrison. If you are thinking about moving Woodley to Harrison's spot when Harrison leaves, it doesn't matter if he'd benefit from playing next to Keisel, since Keisel would be on his way out as well around the same time that Harrison leaves.

Keisel will be in the Black and Gold next year on a Casey deal. He would get at least one year next to Keisel and probably Heyward or a draft pick after that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Worilds surprised me with his play against Cleveland. He was brilliant.

Only question is can he play like that consistently??
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

Hopefully now that he is healthy. He will also be playing his natural position against Baltimore. If he does it against Osemele (rookie who struggles with speed) I will be very hopeful.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

we're about to find out this Sunday as Worilds will be starting in place of the injured Woodley...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we're about to find out this Sunday as Worilds will be starting in place of the injured Woodley...
    He will get tested, as the Ravens are not going to run the ball to Silver Backs side. Harrison had a really brilliant game against the run versus Cleveland.

Worilds will get the spotlight good or bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He will get tested, as the Ravens are not going to run the ball to Silver Backs side. Harrison had a really brilliant game against the run versus Cleveland.

Worilds will get the spotlight good or bad.
    KC ran right and had some success. They stretched the Steelers out and Harrison wasn't doing a good job in pursuit and I think he may have hurt us that week.

Baltimore couldn't run right because Harrison crashed down the line hard on backside pursuit. Rice had no cutback lane.

The Browns seemed to try to run both ways. And the runs I remember, I think they had more success running left directly at Harrison.

Harrison is most effective chasing the back from behind. I'd be surprised if Baltimore didn't try and run more at him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Curious how the two LBs who are demeaned the most on this site lead the team in sacks (Worilds) and interceptions (Timmons). And the ones who are worshiped the most have been the most mediocre.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    KC ran right and had some success. They stretched the Steelers out and Harrison wasn't doing a good job in pursuit and I think he may have hurt us that week.

Baltimore couldn't run right because Harrison crashed down the line hard on backside pursuit. Rice had no cutback lane.

The Browns seemed to try to run both ways. And the runs I remember, I think they had more success running left directly at Harrison.

Harrison is most effective chasing the back from behind. I'd be surprised if Baltimore didn't try and run more at him.

James Harrison (+3.0) had himself a dominant game, especially when the Browns asked their tight ends to try to handle him one-on-one. He lined up to the offense’s left on every running play, and Cleveland had no success there — on runs outside the left tackle, Browns’ runners picked up precisely 0 yards on five attempts.

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/27/refo-steelers-browns-week-12/[/URL]
    He seems to have had a pretty darn good game against Cleveland. Lets hope he keeps it up against the Ravens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Not gonna lie if Louis Nix III declares and is available for our 1st pick I would be happy.

Safety isnt elite but it is deep this year and I think good quality guys could be taken in rounds 2-4. I still think ILB is something we should do early. Good amount of guys coming out that play in a 3-4 system might shorten their learning period.

I think that the production from Wallace shows that we dont need a burner in this system. I think a mid round WR is best, this draft looks deep at WR. The FO has shown they know how to pick those guys, I think if they take one it will be middle draft.

Might be a dumb question, but do we get a comp pick for Willie Gay going to Arizona?
    Not this year for me. No run-stuffers unless it is Jonathan Hankins or Star Lotulelei. This year we need play makers. Guys that can cause turnovers and make splash plays.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash