Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Worild of Difference

Backup

User Info Menu

Next year put Woodley on blind side. Woirlds on left side and put Harrison next to Timmons. Think James could handle the middle? I do he can"t be weaker than Foote.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Next year put Woodley on blind side. Woirlds on left side and put Harrison next to Timmons. Think James could handle the middle? I do he can"t be weaker than Foote.
    Harrison is only going to be here if we re-sign him to the veteran minimum after cutting him in February.

Our cap condition is atrocious. We are conservatively going to be 20 to 30 million dollars over the cap. This factors all of the URFA, RFA tenders, and players who have huge cap hits.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't Chris Carter's combine stats comparable to Worilds as well?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Harrison is only going to be here if we re-sign him to the veteran minimum after cutting him in February.

Our cap condition is atrocious. We are conservatively going to be 20 to 30 million dollars over the cap. This factors all of the URFA, RFA tenders, and players who have huge cap hits.

How did it get so out of hand ? I thought the Stelers always did well in this area ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    How did it get so out of hand ? I thought the Stelers always did well in this area ?
    By doing something they never used to do in the name of the Superbowl chase: Sign players to a third contract and keeping players on the wrong side of 30.

Perfect storm of trying to keep a Superbowl team together as long as possible and the contraction of the cap after the lockout.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Wasn't Chris Carter's combine stats comparable to Worilds as well?
    Yes. Carter ran a 4.62 forty with a 1.59 ten yard split. 2nd fastest D-lineman forty after Dontay Moch(4.4)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Just ask James Harrison.

I didn't know what to think of Worilds when we drafted him. I know the coaches or at least Tomlin was excited about him if I remember correctly.. Worilds shows he has the ability to be good to great and I hope gets it all together for this team and that the coaches play him more if he does.
    Woodley better watch his Ps and Qs: If he keeps getting injured (How many games has he missed since signing his big bonus?) and Worilds keeps this up, Woodley may get cut. Once it comes time to pay JW (if he keeps this up) it won't make any sense to pay both big $, unless Harrison is gone. Someone is going to be odd man out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Woodley better watch his Ps and Qs: If he keeps getting injured (How many games has he missed since signing his big bonus?) and Worilds keeps this up, Woodley may get cut. Once it comes time to pay JW (if he keeps this up) it won't make any sense to pay both big $, unless Harrison is gone. Someone is going to be odd man out.
    Are you human? Woodley might get cut? Seriously?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Can't cut Woodley, he signed a huge deal and restructured last year. Cap hit would be prodigious.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Can't cut Woodley, he signed a huge deal and restructured last year. Cap hit would be prodigious.
    Yup. Steelers are stuck with him for years, for better or worse.