Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OLine Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

OLine Question

Is Colon that good at G that when he goes down, everything falls apart?

What happened to the OLine yesterday? I give some props to the Browns DLine who I do think is good. But we got manhandled up front.

Did Bronko at LG expose Foster at RG? Foster had one of his worst games of the season. Was it because Pouncey wasn't available to help him as much and needed to assist Bronko? Colon not playing seemed to hurt Foster more than anyone else.

Then when Adams went down our right side became a weakness.

It sure would be nice to get Decastro back next week and start getting him some experience sooner than later. The question about DD getting back into the lineup are done. We need him now.

Legend

User Info Menu

For whatever reason, Legursky seems to play well as a center but he is just awful at guard. I think that Legursky playing really weakened the interior of the line, and the Browns also have a pretty strong defensive front.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    For whatever reason, Legursky seems to play well as a center but he is just awful at guard. I think that Legursky playing really weakened the interior of the line, and the Browns also have a pretty strong defensive front.
    I don't get it either. He seems to be smart and a hard worker. And I've seen him make great blocks as a G and get a DT and then a LB. Then the next play it looks like he whiffs?

Is there a lot more decisions to make at G vs C? When Legs gets beat it usually looks more mental than physical.

Legend

User Info Menu

And what happened to Colon? I didn't know he was having any issue until they said at gametime that he had swelling in his knee...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Being an old retired OL myself, I can just tell you that it is SO important to have cohesion up there. It's rough when your constantly playing with different guys beside you.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Being an old retired OL myself, I can just tell you that it is SO important to have cohesion up there. It's rough when your constantly playing with different guys beside you.
    retired from what team/league ?

Colon is another player that can't make it through the season without getting hurt. Is this league wide or do we just have bad luck with all these injured players ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post

Colon is another player that can't make it through the season without getting hurt. Is this league wide or do we just have bad luck with all these injured players ?
    It's league-wide, found this slightly dated tidbit:

In a report released Friday (Jan. 2011) called "Dangers of the Game of Football," the NFLPA says injuries increased from 3.2 to 3.7 per week per team and the share of players injured increased to 63 percent compared to a 2002-09 average of 59 percent.

The report also shows that 13 percent of all injuries required players to be placed on injured reserve this season, compared to an average of 10 percent for 2002-09. The union says that indicates the injuries which are occurring are more serious than in past years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    pfelix blocked for Al Bundy back at Polk High.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    pfelix blocked Al Bundy back at Polk High.

Did he block for him in the 4 TD game against vs. Andrew Johnson High......

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Did he block for him in the 4 TD game against vs. Andrew Johnson High......
    no, pfelix was injured that game...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha