Thread: Ideally, You Would Like...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ideally, You Would Like...

1a) Your #3 QB to not throw three INTs...

1b) Your RBs to not continually fumble the ball...

3) Somebody on offense besides Emmanuel Sanders and Heath Miller to show up (Yes, I'm talking to you, Mike Wallace! I already spoke to the RBs!)...

4) The refs to not miss the MOST OBVIOUS fumble of the many, many fumbles throughout the game...

Unfortunately, yesterday was as far from ideal as I have seen in awhile...

Legend

User Info Menu

We forced Check Down Charlie into throw, so I'd go with the RBs playing hot potato.

As a side note, I've heard Mike and Mike comment about Wally the last 2 weeks after losses mentioning he can adjust and won't fight for a ball and help his QB. So they might go with #3.

Gotta say, Wally might be costing himself so money if he has ESPN talking heads talking down his play. It means everyone is taking notice. Maybe that will work to our benefit and we can get him cheap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Gotta say, Wally might be costing himself so money if he has ESPN talking heads talking down his play. It means everyone is taking notice. Maybe that will work to our benefit and we can get him cheap.
    But at this point, do we even want him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    But at this point, do we even want him?
    Yes, on the cheap, why not? He can still serve the purpose and possibly produce some game changing plays during the course of the year. Ten million per year, nine million per year or even 8 million per year, definitely not, seven, six or five million per year you can maybe make a case, under five million per year, definitely, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace has cost himself many millions by not accepting the likely 50 million the Steelers were willing to give him before the season. He has looked selfish, played half hearted, and has even looked like his hands are suspect. The Steelers might offer him 5-6 million per...I can see no more being offered. He won't be a Steeler next season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Wallace has cost himself many millions by not accepting the likely 50 million the Steelers were willing to give him before the season. He has looked selfish, played half hearted, and has even looked like his hands are suspect. The Steelers might offer him 5-6 million per...I can see no more being offered. He won't be a Steeler next season.
    I don't believe it's true that Wallace has cost himself millions. Wallace has a proven track record. He's continued to show big play ability this season. Big play ability is why teams would pay Wallace. All it takes is one team to pony up the cash. Contract negotiations are not going to come down to the money per year. NFL players never make X amount of dollars per year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everyone here follows the NFL. We all know some knucklehed owner is going to shell out HUGE $$ for Mr Wallace. Someone will be enamored with his speed and overlook the other issues and drive the dump truck loaded with cash up to his house. The Steelers will make what they believe is a competitive offer and let him walk if he thinks it's not good enough. I'm ok with that. I trust the front office to make the right decision based on salary cap, other players they need to sign, and working with guys who want to play in the black and gold. I'm not going to worry about next year Wallace for one second.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Everyone here follows the NFL. We all know some knucklehed owner is going to shell out HUGE $$ for Mr Wallace. Someone will be enamored with his speed and overlook the other issues and drive the dump truck loaded with cash up to his house. The Steelers will make what they believe is a competitive offer and let him walk if he thinks it's not good enough. I'm ok with that. I trust the front office to make the right decision based on salary cap, other players they need to sign, and working with guys who want to play in the black and gold. I'm not going to worry about next year Wallace for one second.
    If Wally thinks about next year Wally for a second, it might change the way this year Wally is playing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If Wally thinks about next year Wally for a second, it might change the way this year Wally is playing.
    I think that ship has sailed. He's in full pouting mode.