Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is James Harrison Getting Nasty Again......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    James is starting to show me something...

I say, restructure his contract and move him inside to replace Foote...
    I like the restructure if he's game, if he isn't he's still one of the best OLBs in the game and he's showing it recently. Moving him inside weakens two positions in my feeble mind, by putting Worilds in full time (even though he played well yesterday, he isn't James) at OLB and James inside where he's rarely if ever played before.

Right now, he's making a case for playing at his normal high level. The past two games have been very James Harrison like in terms of disruption, plays in the running game and tracking down plays form the backside. I wouldn't rule James' playing days over just yet.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

im glad harrision decided it was time for him to get into shape, hell its only week 12

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    im glad harrision decided it was time for him to get into shape, hell its only week 12
    Good call. Harrison is infamous for his poor work ethic...

Legend

User Info Menu

Fat, lazy bastage.

I wonder how long it would take squidkid to round back into form spewing 'knowledge' on websites following back and knee surgeries.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

well he could have taken care of it right after the denver playoff chokejob but decided to wait until otas and training camp came around

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    well he could have taken care of it right after the denver playoff chokejob but decided to wait until otas and training camp came around
    If you can rehab an injury, that's the preferred route to surgery. I suppose the doctors felt at that time that his injury could potentially subside with offseason rest and rehab (that would be the doctors' call, not James' call...the players aren't the ones reviewing the MRI's, after all). However, when it wasn't improving as expected, then they had no choice but to operate. But go ahead and continue to blame James if it makes you feel better.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If you can rehab an injury, that's the preferred route to surgery. I suppose the doctors felt at that time that his injury could potentially subside with offseason rest and rehab (that would be the doctors' call, not James' call...the players aren't the ones reviewing the MRI's, after all). However, when it wasn't improving as expected, then they had no choice but to operate. But go ahead and continue to blame James if it makes you feel better.
    Seriously. Medicine is an art that is practiced - there is a lot of science involved, but at the end of the day, there are judgement calls to be made. As Ruthless pointed out, avoiding surgery is preferable. I'm sure that James consulted with doctors and the Steelers medical staff prior to making any decisions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey, AFC ... you hear that rumble sound? ... is your heartbeat getting faster and you don't quite understand why? ... palms getting sweaty, breathing faster??

THAT'S DEEBO . You know, the guy with the game winning sack/strip/fumble today. You guys are hosed now.

Just so you know!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Gladiator is just warming up for the climactic battles ahead.

Legend

User Info Menu