Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr. Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I agree the the pass he dropped was on him. But guys, the long ball wasn't just a little short, it was very short. Charlie Batch took full responsibility for that one. The momentum is on the side of the defenders because they didn't have to adjust and put the brakes on like Wallace would've had to. He would have needed a 6 foot vertical to win that one after changing direction and losing all of his momentum.
    No soup for Jooser.

Legend

User Info Menu

50 shades of soup!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Sometimes much more is expected of the No. 1 WR than the others. Wallace wants to be paid like a No. 1 WR and he has been No. 1 for the last few games. Problem is, many of us are not seeing No. 1 play out of the guy. That's the bottom line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sometimes much more is expected of the No. 1 WR than the others. Wallace wants to be paid like a No. 1 WR and he has been No. 1 for the last few games. Problem is, many of us are not seeing No. 1 play out of the guy. That's the bottom line.
    The last few weeks, he hasn't even put forth the effort of a No. 4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette @ ‏EdBouchette:

A more stunning changein #Steelers depth chart: At one WR, Tomlin lists Wallace OR Sanders. First time that's happened.

Brown at other WR

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/273464727093514241[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

A more stunning changein #Steelers depth chart: At one WR, Tomlin lists Wallace OR Sanders. First time that's happened.

Brown at other WR

I saw that too.

Tomlin must be really pissed and I'm glad he's setting an example here. He also demoted Mendenhall to 3rd string.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

handwriting is on the wall and it says "Goodbye Mr. Walace." No way the Steelers pay him top dollar unless he really has a huge end to the season and play off. Like I have said many times before, the FO made the decision there was only one $8M per year contract for WR. Wallace was given first shot at it and he spit on it. Brown took it an will stay long term.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I saw that too.

Tomlin must be really pissed and I'm glad he's setting an example here. He also demoted Mendenhall to 3rd string.
    an example would be benching him, not making some assinine 'co-starter' comment 5 days before the game......like wallace gives a frick about being moved to tied on the depth chart

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...you arent going to get anything straight of you can't understand the fact that Batch under threw him twice on deep balls, several times threw behind him, and also under threw him in the flat/sidelines a few times. But hey...hate all you want. When your QB throws a blistering 19 MPH and it is a wobbling duck that dies have way to you what do you expect?

Funny, I saw Mike Wallace get behind the secondary twice today. Any halfway descent QB has two TD's on those. But it's all Wallace's fault.

Mike Wallace was a 3rd round pick from a not so major University What I see is a player who has gone way beyond the original expectations for him.
    Wow. Delusional. Was it all MW's fault? No. Did he show signs of being a wussy and not giving any where close to a full effort? Only a blind man couldn't see that. How obvious does it have to get for the MW apologizers? Dear Lord, his play is not any where near defensible. Not even close. The guy simply does not try. That is unacceptable. I can't wait until his butt is out of Pgh. Can't wait. And take Mendenhall with him, please; two worthless players.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Brown at other WR

Thank God. Long overdue in my opinion, but at least Tomlin is finally doing SOMETHING about MW not putting forth any effort. It's about time. I would have gone further than that. It looks like MT is sending a "maybe" signal on who starts. I'd flat out state that ES is the starter, period. Why sugar coat it and make it vague?