Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr. Wallace

Backup

User Info Menu

OMG thank you OViedo..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On the first underthrow that hit Ward in the back of the head if Wallace just moves towards the ball Ward is going to run over him and it is a pass interference call because Ward never looked for the ball. He has to attack those balls and make those kind of smart moves if he ever really wants to be among the best.
    I said as much in another post. The Browns defensive backs have been flagged mercilessly this season for PIs. If any of the Steelers WR could make moves for the ball, it would have been good for a couple of PIs. The only one that figured that out today was 'old man' Burress.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm done with Mike as a Steeler. He truly is the one-trick pony his coach said he was. He cannot and will not make a play on the ball if there is anyone around him. I just don't understand how that works. He got outplayed for a ball by a CB today and made no effort on the deep ball that hit Ward in the head. Everyone says that the ball that was picked off was behind him but he is a WR that is asking for a major deal. You have to make that play to legitimize things. C'mon now...the Steelers have no choice but to resign Lewis at this point and that will mean there is no room for Mike under the salary cap and I'm fine with that. WR's can be found in the draft and the Steelers will have a top 3 before the draft of Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery! That's not terrible!! It's time for the team and the player to move on to greener pastures. BTW, take Spindenhall with you!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Dear Mr. Wallace,

you and your agent should have accepted the Steelers' final contract offer.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

If Wallace didn't hold out for elite money then he wouldn't get this type of criticism.

The facts about wallace based on everyone that watches him play:

He's very, very fast. With his speed alone, he can make a 10 yard reception into an 80 yard touchdown.
    He can take the top off of coverage.
    He has elite speed.
    He doesn't have elite hands.
    He doesn't fight for the ball.
    Catches the ball if it's dropped in his breadbasket but doesn't make great catches in traffic.
    Can show lack of effort at times.

All things considered.... He's not an elite WR in my mind and he's not an elite a WR in *most* GM's minds. I'd be shocked if he's a steeler next year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Good... b/c Wallace is an ALL or Nothing type of guy. He would rather try to maintain his extra step on an underthrown ball than to try to keep the defender from making a play on the ball. You can't expect a QB to have his deep timing down after 1 week of playing.
    lol.... Wallace is more concerned with wining the race then catching the ball...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On the first underthrow that hit Ward in the back of the head if Wallace just moves towards the ball Ward is going to run over him and it is a pass interference call because Ward never looked for the ball. He has to attack those balls and make those kind of smart moves if he ever really wants to be among the best.
    Shouldn't we assume the WR coaches are trying to teach Wallace that skill, but he is unable to learn it?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I have been critical of Wallace at times this season, but to try to blame him for Pi$$ poor throws by Batch is just about as backwards as it gets. You are paying Wallace for his blistering speed, to run past defenders and get open and catch the homerun ball. He DID just that. He got open, but the ancient QB under threw him by 5-10 yards. And you want to blast him for now stopping and coming back for the ball? The defenders were in a better position to to make a play because they were beaten and trailing Mike and the ball was thrown to THEM, not MIKE. Come on guys, it's frustrating, but try to see things for what they are. Batch couldn't even throw a spiral in the first half and he has no arm left. Where's your Mr. Batch, you need to retire letter?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The last Steeler that PO'd me as much as Wallace was Kent Graham. Good bye Mike, you aren't Steelers material.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I have been critical of Wallace at times this season, but to try to blame him for Pi$$ poor throws by Batch is just about as backwards as it gets. You are paying Wallace for his blistering speed, to run past defenders and get open and catch the homerun ball. He DID just that. He got open, but the ancient QB under threw him by 5-10 yards. And you want to blast him for now stopping and coming back for the ball? The defenders were in a better position to to make a play because they were beaten and trailing Mike and the ball was thrown to THEM, not MIKE. Come on guys, it's frustrating, but try to see things for what they are. Batch couldn't even throw a spiral in the first half and he has no arm left. Where's your Mr. Batch, you need to retire letter?

i could have swore that a lot of the wallace lovers that wanted to 'pay the man' stated that he has developed into a complete receiver. wallace runs all the routes. goes across the middle. runs the short stuff. plays the slot. they claim that he is more than just a one trick pony and that tomlin uses that as a term of endearment with wallace.