Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was the reason why the Steelers cut Jerrod Johnson?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    ....I'm still fine with the decision to keep Batch as the third QB this year.
    And that decision cost the Steelers a game today. And it will more than likely have huge playoff implications.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Care to elaborate? What do you base this on? His numbers were solid. His arm strength and accuracy was above average. Please tell us why you weren't impressed.
    I want to know also, because I thought his performance gave him a roster spot.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think BATCH outperformed LEFTY's performance last week. I didn't like LEFTY to begin with but I thought Charlie settled into the game and made some decent throws. But it's obvious his timing was off.

All excuses aside I agree with PHILLY....the RUNNING BACK FUMBLES killed us today, not BATCH.

BUT i must say i would have liked to see a better backup than LEFTWICH.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Same old story, the best guy for the team is the one not playing......

Fact is, the game was winnable despite 8 turnovers and bad QB and RB play.

I will say it again, in a game where the RBs needed to bring their 'A' game, they brought their 'F' game. Fumbles are bad, fumbles on the Steelers side of the field are inexcusable. Mendenhall's fumble was pathetic, in traffic with the ball waving around instead of being tucked hard against his body.

Legend

User Info Menu

you do know that the steelers backup qbs cant the white dont you?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    you do know that the steelers backup qbs cant the white dont you?
    just trying to make light of this subject fellas

Legend

User Info Menu

Come on Hawaiian, you are better than that. You know when Johnson got cut most every team in the NFL had their QB situation set. And regardless that isnt an indicator that a player isnt good nor one that says they can't develop into a solid player. Have you ever heard of QB's named Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, and Kurt Warner?
    the Steelers obviously aren't impressed with Jerrod Johnson otherwise they would have brought him back when Lefty got hurt since Johnson already knew the playbook. instead the Steelers brought in Mike Kafka and Brian Hoyer for tryouts, what does that tell you?

and for every Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, and Kurt Warner there are thousands of undrafted QBs who never make it.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

And that decision cost the Steelers a game today. And it will more than likely have huge playoff implications.
    The RB's lost this game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The RB's lost this game.
    finally, a voice of reason....

The plan clearly was for the defense to keep the game close and have Batch manage the game. He could not be expected to be the hero but he could have had a decent short game if he had run game support. When the Steelers got behind that plan went out the window.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes the rbs lost the game, but don't forget Batch had 3int from bad throws . And some under throws that helped a lot also.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]