Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go San Diego

Starter

User Info Menu

They got a generous spot to say the least. And even with a review to correct it they gave him a half yard past the 34 yd line when it sure looked to me like he was a half yard short. To make it worse the officials moved the chains as if it were a first down before the review happened so as to further make it questionable.

That should have been a turnover on downs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    On a short dump off. SD deserves to lose.
    Or Baltimore deserved to win.

Losses to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland sealed the Steelers fate in terms of the division. Now it's time to fight for a Wild Card.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    They got a generous spot to say the least. And even with a review to correct it they gave him a half yard past the 34 yd line when it sure looked to me like he was a half yard short. To make it worse the officials moved the chains as if it were a first down before the review happened so as to further make it questionable.

That should have been a turnover on downs.
    Clear to me that they got a generous spot of at least one full yard on the Rice catch and run. That said, Ray Rice willed that play into a first down. Rice has incredible determination. We missed out in that draft.

Starter

User Info Menu

I just rewatched the play on NFL.com and where I was able to pause it. Rice's knee hits the ground about 6 inches short of the 35. He is leaning forward but relatively vertical. There is no way the ball in his hand is at the 33 1/2 at that moment. They spotted the ball where he stretched out and then bounced to. No way on the replay you can even give him the 34 which is where the first down markers were before they were moved. Rats get an early Christmas gift from the league.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I just rewatched the play on NFL.com and where I was able to pause it. Rice's knee hits the ground about 6 inches short of the 35. He is leaning forward but relatively vertical. There is no way the ball in his hand is at the 33 1/2 at that moment. They spotted the ball where he stretched out and then bounced to. No way on the replay you can even give him the 34 which is where the first down markers were before they were moved. Rats get an early Christmas gift from the league.
    You forget that Rice is almost 7 ft. tall...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...