Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Richardson fumble that was not

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was a bad call no doubt but I do not think it would have mattered. As long as Charlie Batch was behind center we were not going to win this game...or any game for that matter.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Whether we deserved it is not the point, the defense did what it needed - created a turnover - & the refs blew it. Who knows if we could've pulled it out?...but it would've been nice to get the chance.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw hardcore hits without penalty, and logic in college football yesterday. NFL blows.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw hardcore hits without penalty, and logic in college football yesterday. NFL blows.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It was obvious that it was a blown call, but please don't make much of this. A rule is a rule.

After a hundred turnovers, we didn't deserve that call.
    That's crap... a fumble is a fumble. I don't care if we gave it right back but get the call right.

Legend

User Info Menu

These refs are just as bad as the replacement refs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I agree. It's getting insane. You were so right that you posted it twice!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That's crap... a fumble is a fumble. I don't care if we gave it right back but get the call right.
    NEWSFLASH: Refs aren't perfect. (It was an obvious call upon further review.) But to complain about referees, especially in a game when you give the ball away seven times, its what losers do. I've played a thousand basketball games... the teams that would whine after games, invariably had loser attitudes and didn't see the big picture... that they blew it.

Bad calls happen... and after they blew the call, they followed league rules (that made the play unreviewable). It was what it was...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    that was a horrible call. I also think Rainey was down.
    I also thought Rainey was down but they didn't seem to want to replay it. I wanted to take a closer look at that play.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    NEWSFLASH: Refs aren't perfect. (It was an obvious call upon further review.)
    They have a very flawed system that I sometimes think is intentionally designed to just create something to talk about. I'm not a fan of the Detroit Lions, but what happened there on Thursday (another stupid replay rule) was absurd. Not every play in a football game should be reviewed, but there's absolutely no reason that in 2012 with a hundred HD cameras on the field, a potential game changing play is blown when it doesn't have to be.

And again, I really doubt Charlie Batch gets the Steelers in the end zone, but he should have gotten a chance.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]