Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Richardson fumble that was not

Hybrid View

The Richardson fumble that was not

This is a situation where I wish the NFL would just use some common sense and get it right. The way our offense played, I doubt we put 7 on the board, but we should have been given a chance.

Pro Bowler
    that was a horrible call. I also think Rainey was down.

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    that was a horrible call. I also think Rainey was down.
    I also thought Rainey was down but they didn't seem to want to replay it. I wanted to take a closer look at that play.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Cowher before the game was suggesting a combo of NHL and NCAA review rules to make sure they get the calls correct.

The whole point of the review system is to get the calls right. So get em right. Or get rid of the reviews.

Ron Winters loves to screw the Steelers.

Hall of Famer
    It was obvious that it was a blown call, but please don't make much of this. A rule is a rule.

After a hundred turnovers, we didn't deserve that call.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It was obvious that it was a blown call, but please don't make much of this. A rule is a rule.

Not making excuses. Just wish the NFL could get it right. You can overturn a bad call after the two minute warning but not at any other point in the game? Timeouts or no timeouts, that's just dumb.

Legend

That's crap... a fumble is a fumble. I don't care if we gave it right back but get the call right.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That's crap... a fumble is a fumble. I don't care if we gave it right back but get the call right.
    NEWSFLASH: Refs aren't perfect. (It was an obvious call upon further review.) But to complain about referees, especially in a game when you give the ball away seven times, its what losers do. I've played a thousand basketball games... the teams that would whine after games, invariably had loser attitudes and didn't see the big picture... that they blew it.

Bad calls happen... and after they blew the call, they followed league rules (that made the play unreviewable). It was what it was...

NEWSFLASH: Refs aren't perfect. (It was an obvious call upon further review.)
    They have a very flawed system that I sometimes think is intentionally designed to just create something to talk about. I'm not a fan of the Detroit Lions, but what happened there on Thursday (another stupid replay rule) was absurd. Not every play in a football game should be reviewed, but there's absolutely no reason that in 2012 with a hundred HD cameras on the field, a potential game changing play is blown when it doesn't have to be.

And again, I really doubt Charlie Batch gets the Steelers in the end zone, but he should have gotten a chance.