Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomer E. just said it best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Boomer E. just said it best.

That the Steelers got what they deserved by keeping Byron and Batch! No lie he just said it , did anyone catch it?
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree with him. I think Byron was ok to keep. Batch on the other hand shouldve been let go awhile ago. You could tell from the play calling that Haley has zero confidence in his abilities.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he said it, he is absolutely right! And many of us have been saying the same thing. I just don't understand why we continue to hang on to THESE TWO CHINA DOLL, as if they are prized commodities. NO ONE wants either of them (particularly Batch). But Leftwich was gifted a starting job in TB, after a year where he basically kept the ship afloat for us--and proceeded to FLOP.

So why would we bring him back again ('10). And again ('11). AND AGAIN ('12). ALONG WITH Charlie Batch, year after year after year...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If he said it, he is absolutely right! And many of us have been saying the same thing. I just don't understand why we continue to hang on to THESE TWO CHINA DOLL, as if they are prized commodities. NO ONE wants either of them (particularly Batch). But Leftwich was gifted a starting job in TB, after a year where he basically kept the ship afloat for us--and proceeded to FLOP.

So why would we bring him back again ('10). And again ('11). AND AGAIN ('12). ALONG WITH Charlie Batch, year after year after year...
    2013 draft: Rnd 1 - SS, Rnd 2 - QB, Rnd 3 - WR, Rnd 4 - FS

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Boomer just wanted to be a Steeler, never has gotten over it.

Legend

User Info Menu

boomer just wants us to give him a contract. cant be any worse then batch..can it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Where was the long list of franchise QB's waiting to back up Ben? There is a high percentage chance that a young QB wouldn't do any better then Batch or Leftwich. The Steelers went the route of drafting and attempting develop young QB's. Those players were not good enough. The problem with drafting young developmental QB's is that they don't get enough reps or playing time to be effective when they play.

What killed the team today were the turnovers. I believe the Steelers win the game today if they didn't give the ball away.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Where was the long list of franchise QB's waiting to back up Ben? There is a high percentage chance that a young QB wouldn't do any better then Batch or Leftwich. The Steelers went the route of drafting and attempting develop young QB's. Those players were not good enough. The problem with drafting young developmental QB's is that they don't get enough reps or playing time to be effective when they play.

What killed the team today were the turnovers. I believe the Steelers win the game today if they didn't give the ball away.
    I agree I think they win easily if they dont turn it over. Same as last week, that is what cost them the game. Although it is quite unsettling to see exactly how much Ben means to this offense, we are lucky he is only out a couple games.

Starter

User Info Menu

Anyone want Alex Smith as a backup next year if SF lets him go.

Starter

User Info Menu

What about Mike Vick?