Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Boomer E. just said it best.

  1. #11
    Our future back up might already be on the roster.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Where was the long list of franchise QB's waiting to back up Ben? There is a high percentage chance that a young QB wouldn't do any better then Batch or Leftwich. The Steelers went the route of drafting and attempting develop young QB's. Those players were not good enough. The problem with drafting young developmental QB's is that they don't get enough reps or playing time to be effective when they play.

    What killed the team today were the turnovers. I believe the Steelers win the game today if they didn't give the ball away.
    This is a crock!! Batch cannot get the ball out without it wobbling. He has no arm strength what so-ever and no mobility. Jerrod Johnson would have had the Browns at least respecting his ability to take off and run. That kid had a strong, accurate arm. Batch is horrible. You can sugar coat it any way you want Batch is horrible.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Anyone want Alex Smith as a backup next year if SF lets him go.
    Sounds great, but he probably finds a bad team that gives him a chance to start.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,268
    i'd ask the redskins what would it take for the kid they drafted after RG3 last year


    you know he's not going to see significant time

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    This is a crock!! Batch cannot get the ball out without it wobbling. He has no arm strength what so-ever and no mobility. Jerrod Johnson would have had the Browns at least respecting his ability to take off and run. That kid had a strong, accurate arm. Batch is horrible. You can sugar coat it any way you want Batch is horrible.
    It's not a crock and I wasn't attempting to sugar coat anything. Fans can know the facts and continue to ignore facts. Batch made some nice throws and not so nice throws. Sounds like what many would say about just about all 3rd string QB's around the league. It's the same thing that I would say about Jerrod Johnson based on his play in the preseason. Running QB's have a hard time winning games without the ability to consistently hurt defenses passing the football. Like Dennis Dixon had the ability to run when he was with the Steelers but couldn't make defense pay consistently enough in the passing game. Fact, most 2nd and 3rd string QB's in the league are horrible. Some teams value 3rd string QB's so much that they don't even carry one. Oh and the great Jerrod Johnson isn't even on an NFL roster. The situation is what it is. The best hope is that the team can limit mistakes and pull out close games until Ben can return.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Troy Smith anyone?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It's not a crock and I wasn't attempting to sugar coat anything. Fans can know the facts and continue to ignore facts. Batch made some nice throws and not so nice throws. Sounds like what many would say about just about all 3rd string QB's around the league. It's the same thing that I would say about Jerrod Johnson based on his play in the preseason. Running QB's have a hard time winning games without the ability to consistently hurt defenses passing the football. Like Dennis Dixon had the ability to run when he was with the Steelers but couldn't make defense pay consistently enough in the passing game. Fact, most 2nd and 3rd string QB's in the league are horrible. Some teams value 3rd string QB's so much that they don't even carry one. Oh and the great Jerrod Johnson isn't even on an NFL roster. The situation is what it is. The best hope is that the team can limit mistakes and pull out close games until Ben can return.
    See, you just proved my point. You really aren't paying attention to what really happens on the field. Jerrod Johnson is more known for his being a pocket passer than he is for being a running QB. But never mind..........

    Jerrod Johnson was pretty solid this year for the Steelers in preseason. 14-21 for 236 66.7% 2 TD's and 0 INT's
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    Newsflash.....Batch and Byron suck. Anybody trying to come to their defense you might as well dip that turd in some chocolate and take a big bite. They both have the admirable back up QB qualities of immobility, fragility and advance old age. Next year we need to draft the heir apparent to Ben so the learning curve can begin.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Newsflash.....Batch and Byron suck. Anybody trying to come to their defense you might as well dip that turd in some chocolate and take a big bite. They both have the admirable back up QB qualities of immobility, fragility and advance old age. Next year we need to draft the heir apparent to Ben so the learning curve can begin.
    Yep!! Agreed 100%!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    See, you just proved my point. You really aren't paying attention to what really happens on the field. Jerrod Johnson is more known for his being a pocket passer than he is for being a running QB. But never mind..........

    Jerrod Johnson was pretty solid this year for the Steelers in preseason. 14-21 for 236 66.7% 2 TD's and 0 INT's
    I didn't prove your point. Jerrod Johnson isn't even in the NFL right now. But never mind.

    The problem with fans is they always believe the next man up/cut was the answer. The reality is that 98% of the time the guy cut would be the same or worse then the guy the team decided to keep.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •