Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Charlie Batch Just Lead the Worst Offensive Performance Ever?

Did Charlie Batch Just Lead the Worst Offensive Performance Ever?

At the risk of overreacting, was that the worst offensive performance in modern team history? Or did the couple of passes Batch was able to get to Miller allow another clunker of a game from our past to retain the dubious title?

If it's not the worst, where does this game rank?

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

It's a top 5'er for me. Charlie Batch is just old and busted. His skill set was never great when he was young, but now.....good grief Charlie Batch!

Hall of Famer
    Was certainly among the worst offensive games that I can recall seeing, but the blame should be spread around. With the exception of Heath Miller, nobody on offense played well.

Batch's performance can be covered up by the multitude of mistakes of the others, but none of them polishes up very well including Charlie's performance. Can't polish any of those pieces at all.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Batch's performance can be covered up by the multitude of mistakes of the others, but none of them polishes up very well including Charlie's performance. Can't polish any of those pieces at all.
    You can't polish turrds....

Batch sucked it bad, but the loss with Ben a couple of seasons ago was worst. I think it was a Sunday night game, the year they missed the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    First of all, I was wrong. I thought we could win out the season. Tough to do when you turn it over 8 times. Defense played pretty well again.

I think Batch was just not used to Wallace's speed. The one that bounced off the Stains' helmet Charlie held onto too long, otherwise that could be a touchdown. Also the INT that went off of Wallace's hands was thrown behind him, I think that too could have been from not being used to Wallace's speed.

I thought on the last INT someone was open down the middle and the post-game show just said Rainey was open underneath. That one is on Batch. I thought he would play smarter than he did.

I think Wallace did register one reception on the last play of the game didn't he. Not that it matters. I thought Wallace usually has big plays against the Stains. No one on the offense played well today except maybe Heath.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You can't polish turrds....
    read my thoughts precisely
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    C. Batch 20 for 34 for 199 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 1 sack, 38.7 passer rating
    J. Dwyer 9 carries for 19 yards, 2.1 average, 1 fumble (1 fumble lost)
    C. Rainey 5 carries for 17 yards, 3.4 average, 2 fumbles (1 fumble lost)
    I. Redman 2 carries for 7 yards, 3.5 average, 1 fumble (1 fumble lost)
    R. Mendenhall 4 carries for 6 yards, 1.5 average, 2 fumbles (1 fumble lost)

The only players that came to play today on offense were Sanders and Miller. Manny was also credited for 2 fumbles (1 fumble lost), but one of his fumbles was a muffed punt out of bounds and the other was on the last play when he was trying for a Cal-Stanford type of band-on-the-field lateral.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    4.118 ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Backup
    Yeah. It was.

Absolutely pathetic.