Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stairway to

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$$

Third week in a row that Tomlin has crapped the bed.

It's getting very troublesome.
    And Al gore invented the Internet.

this is on the players dude...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What does it say about preparation ... this pattern of losing to the worst teams in the league ??? Losses to the Raiders, the Titans, (nearly to the Chiefs at home), and now the Browns. Is there something about the team or the coaching that this pattern has happened?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    What does it say about preparation ... this pattern of losing to the worst teams in the league ??? Losses to the Raiders, the Titans, (nearly to the Chiefs at home), and now the Browns. Is there something about the team or the coaching that this pattern has happened?
    Our defense wasn't playing well in the games you just mentioned outside of this loss to the Browns in which we were without Ben. I'm not exactly sure what people want but most of it has very little to do with scheme and everything to do with execution. We're banged up and until the team gets healthy in the right areas we are going to struggle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nothing is ever tomlins fault, it seems.

I like the guy and think he is a great leader, but he has not had a great year, IMO.

I don't think that is out of the realm of discussion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only thing I blame on Tomlin for this, is keeping two bad backups.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, Tomlin is bullet proof. The team is ill-prepared, period. They lack focus and discipline and the the coach isn't instilling it in this team. Everyone wants to play for Tomlin because he's a buddy, not a coach at this point. And it was probably all the players decision to not cut Charlie 'the fossil' Batch this year, Tomlin had nothing to do with that.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Our defense wasn't playing well in the games you just mentioned outside of this loss to the Browns in which we were without Ben. I'm not exactly sure what people want but most of it has very little to do with scheme and everything to do with execution. We're banged up and until the team gets healthy in the right areas we are going to struggle.
    Multiple factors, that seems clear, defensive issues earlier in the year, injuries especially of late. And yet, next man up, and the standard is the standard, and we are failing to hold up lately to bad teams, yet we at least held it close vs the 8 -2 Ravens.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Multiple factors, that seems clear, defensive issues earlier in the year, injuries especially of late. And yet, next man up, and the standard is the standard, and we are failing to hold up lately to bad teams, yet we at least held it close vs the 8 -2 Ravens.
    We held it close with the Ravens because the defense is playing like the best defense in the league. We need to get healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no idea how anyone can blame Tomlin. Every key player on this team from last year is either retired, aging, hurt, out, etc. We're playing with 3rd stringers in many key areas. And this team is playing good enough to beat anyone. Shuffle the players and Tomlin and the coaches have em ready to go.

It's execution. It's not the scheme or preparation. It was the 6 fumbles and 3 Ints.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

how in the heck can you say "this team is playing good enough to beat anyone"?

that is absolutely ludicrous.